LegacyGT.com

O2 Sensor location & replacement

Replacement would be easy. Drop undertray and manifold heat shield. 12mm long socket. Sensor is right there. 22mm wrench take out, put in new , and run the plug up. Would take a tech 15-20 mins to change. The rear cost about $58 the fronts run $150 iirc.

• Moderators
Replacement would be easy. Drop undertray and manifold heat shield. 12mm long socket. Sensor is right there. 22mm wrench take out, put in new , and run the plug up. Would take a tech 15-20 mins to change. The rear cost about $58 the fronts run $150 iirc.

Don't do this, too much effort. Turn the wheels all the way to the right and look in through the wheel well in front of the tire and you'll see the o2 sensor sticking out.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

The front o2 sensor is less than $100 on amazon or at napa autoparts. Install requires only an o2 socket and you can get to it through the passenger wheel well, don't even have to pop the hood.

idk about you, but my arms aren't skinny enough to run the wire up and do deal with the plugs :lol:

Where is the location of both O2 sensors? I have the P0134 code telling me my front sensor needs to be replaced. A local dealer is trying to rake me for $435.00 for replacement of just the front sensor.

$435? :lol:

Actually, you may need to pop the hood to release the bad o2 sensor from the port and plug the new one in. However, I've changed the actual sensor numerous times by turning the wheel like mentioned before and accessing the manifold that way. Should probably only take a few minutes of real actual work.

Get it from Napa then.

Guess a sensor is just a sensor, but a good friend of mine and probably one of the highest respected tuners in the country who unfortunately passed a few weeks ago, Chris s. kiewert of EFI Logics, specifically told me a few years ago when my OEM front o2 was shot to not get anything other then either OEM Subaru or Denso, which I believe the two may be one in the same but don't quote me.

I got at mine using Bar's method.

Glad to hear napa has the denso sensor, I had no idea as I hadnt looked into this sensor replacement myself for quite some time.

Heres some pricing info from rock auto:

Bosch

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww312/jfg22557/Screenshot2012-08-14at111021PM.png

Denso

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww312/jfg22557/Screenshot2012-08-14at111010PM.png

Admittedly overpaid for mine through FBP 2 years ago.

• Moderators
There's the pic, good thing because I didn't want to walk back to the garage, lol. I'm pretty sure you can pull the one pop-it that holds the undertray there to access to O2 sensor for a quick in-and-out job. You just have to bend / pull the undertray out of the way a bit.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I don't recall pulling the undertray. Just remove the right front tire, there is a panel there and you can replace the front O2. I paid like $120 fron my local auto parts store. Call around, some stores told me 2 weeks to get one, the thrid place I called Car Quest, could have one by noon time.

Easy to replace if you have a good O2 sensor socket, hint, I wrap my socket in a hose clamp to keep it from spreading. PB Blaster and Anti-seize compound are you friends.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Here's a shot, see the hole in the manifold at the bottom of the picture.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4777.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived