LegacyGT.com

Well... my entire right side just went flat.

Drove over a bumpy spot at 35MPH... BOOM! Loud and hard thud, 30 seconds later TPMS goes on, right side tires are totally flat. No nails to be seen, no flap of rubber hanging off, nothing...

My spring break is not going well...

You better get your suspension and alignment checked if you blasted your car that hard.

If you drove over a road hazard that the city should have fixed or should fix I recommend taking a photo of the area for your insurance.

Here the city has been known to cover damages for cars hitting fresh potholes that shouldn't be there

It might help to loosen the lug nuts before jacking it up.

I was able to get the lug nuts off, but not the wheel (initially). I've gotten it off now, thanks to the sit-n-kick method. Unfortunately, both tires are going to have to be replaced. $310+tax will be missing by the end of this week.

Canada vs US

Here they'll barely be able to get the "go **** yourself" out through the laughter.

That's Too bad.

We pay more for everything up here, but we seem to get the royal treatment re: insurance, medical, leniency from the courts for serious crimes, etc etc.

I did this to my car a couple of years ago. Destroyed two tires and bent a rim running over a pot hole on an interstate highway at 70mph. I called the State Patrol and asked to file a report and they would not even send an officer to make the report. They told me I had to file one at their headquarters if I felt the need to. I told them I gladly would but was stranded. They never did show up...

Called my insurance company and they practically bent over backwards to help. Adjuster was there the next day and cut me a check for an alignment, two refurbed rims, and four new tires. As a previous poster mentioned, if the tires are old enough, ALL FOUR MUST BE REPLACED.

Oh yeah, the county also showed up the next day to patch the hole...

Are the other 2 fairly new? On our AWD cars you need to have all tires within 2/32nds and should have the same depth on the same axle.

:whore:

Unless the tires are damn close to brand new or you have them shaved to match, you'd better be spending another $310.

Canada vs US

Here they'll barely be able to get the "go **** yourself" out through the laughter.

I had a buddy bend up a set of 3 pc BBS' on his MKII GTI thanks to an open bridge joint on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge here in MD and the state forked over $3800 smackers so he could source a new set from Europe. Although he had a legal document drawn up threatening to pursue legal action if they didnt pony up the dough. Honestly I was effing shocked it worked cause he was running like 35 series tires that were stretched to fit. I thought for sure once the adjuster saw that they would told him to go pound sand. Oh and they payed for the tow off the bridge too!

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Are the other 2 fairly new? On our AWD cars you need to have all tires within 2/32nds and should have the same depth on the same axle.

Define fairly new? Quite honestly, I've had bad luck with the tires. Killed 3 of them in 6 months. The first one gone was 2 weeks after purchasing a set of 4 in mid August... Nail went right through the sidewall. Replaced that with a new set and went on forward. Fast forward to now (approx 6 months later), I blew that one new replacement and one of the originals that were 2 weeks older. They're BF Goodrich Super Sport A/S tires, as they were what the previous owner had on (which were worn, thus prompting the purchase of that new set of 4). I haven't had the opportunity to measure the dept remaining.

Archived