LegacyGT.com

Radiator leaking

I installed a mishimoto in an 08 5eat, not mine. if i were you i'd get an external tranny cooler with a built in thermostat. without a stat you'd overcool in winter and then overheat in traffic in the summer

I agree with bmx. I ordered the mishimoto radiator and I had a hayden 1677 on the old set up. It will be fine while it's still cold but i have the 1679 coming with a 9 inch fan. I am going to install a temp gauge for the transmission and then wire in a switch for the fan. I know it's not as nice as a thermostat but it will work

—Pirated Tapatalk app

I don't see why you guy's have a hard time find a radiator for a automatic. I just did a google search ane found this place with a live chat. Read from the bottom up.

http://www.radiator.com/conversation03.php?categoryid=1&makeid=64&modelid=546&caryear=2006

Chuck : No problem. I'll have our Subaru tech give you a call in a couple minutes-- What's your first name, area code and phone number?

You : No thanks, I think I have all the info I need now, I'll see if I can copy and paste this info in his thread on the forum. You have been a great help Thank You

Chuck : There are a couple of different radiators, ranging in price between $99.00 and $299.00. We can get you wholesale rates on labor, assuming you went with our installation centers. That's about 1/3 what you'd pay at the dealer. Would you like me to get you an exact labor quote?

You : I don't want it, but I will relay this link to the online buddy so if he wants he can contact you guys.

Chuck : Your price is coming. Looks like that is a really complicated fit. I'll just quote you the most likely 1 of the 3 possible parts -- Or you're welcome to talk to one of our Subaru techs to be 100% sure. What's your Zip Code and how soon would you need it?

You : just the part, to be honest, its for a friend on the LegacyGT.com forum who say's he can't find a radiator for a automatic.

Chuck : sure. Do you want quotes on just the radiator -- or installation too?

You : Can you cive me a price for both, for a Legacy GT with a automatic tranny

Chuck : OE style is made by the same manufacturer as the original radiator. Aftermarket is brand new and built to specs of the original but by another manufacturer. (Both come with a lifetime guarantee.) Which would you prefer?

You : it's really a 2007 but I don't think there is a difference in the 05-09's It's a 2.5L or EJ255 which is the turbo model

Chuck : OK. Would you prefer quotes on an OE certified or aftermarket radiator?

You : 2.5 turbo EJ255

Chuck : Do you know the engine size of your 2006 Subaru Legacy?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They have aftermarket. I guess you guy's want to spend big bucks on an all Aluminum radiator.

Sorry, I don't see the need. Unless your make huge HP and the OEM style can't keep up.

Lets be real, these are just Subaru's.

Is the OP doing a lot of track time ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for all the input. I was just seeing that OEM would be $240 and the mishimoto would be about $255. It was only a $15 difference and why wouldnt you decide to go aftermarket.....for the bling. Then I noticed most of the sites say MT, then after posting on msprank's ad, he mention I had to do more crap to make it work like getting a oil cooler and moving a couple of hoses. So the best route is OEM....plug and play.

and Again, I appreciate all the help. And thanks Max Capacity for doing the chat for the info.

Archived