LegacyGT.com

CEL cleared, now rough idle and stalling

My '06 LGT (stage 2, Infamoustuned) started having some issues today. Right as I was about to pull into my driveway this evening, my CEL came on w/ flashing cruise light. Pulled the code with my AP and it had code P0172 (bank 1 mix too rich). I reset the ECU with the AP. I had it out again this evening and the CEL is no longer on but the idle is rough/low and it stalled out once at a stop.

It feels like there may be a vac leak with the rough idle/stalling but I haven't had the chance to check yet. Could that have also triggered the code or might there be two different issues going on?

Thanks for the input!

Not sure about that specific code, but when you reset the ECU to clear trouble codes you also reset the long term fuel trims. In your case those probably needed to be richer than zero to keep your car from stalling when coming down to idle. If you drive around your neighborhood a bit, it will stall a couple of times at stop signs but it should relearn things in 10-15 min. I usually do this late at night so I don't have to worry about traffic while this is going on.

Archived