LegacyGT.com

Axxcess ASWC-1 issues

So I have a Kenwood Excelon DDX373BT radio put in. I used the awe64 20 pin harness and all. Yet, I can't get the device to see the steering wheel. It defaults to Alpine, which means it did not see any errors. Any one have the same issue?

I installed an Alpine INE W960 in my '13 Limited. I ordered the same Axxess steering wheel control adapter and it didn't work twice. I ordered from Crutchfield and with both devices they walked me through some troubleshooting steps and it still didn't work. Sent it back and got a refund.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited and I've been working with Crutchfield and Axxess tech support. I'm just gonna copy and paste my progress.

Me:

-Kenwood DNX570HD

-Using Metra stock number 70-8902

-Axxess ASWC-1

I've verified my connections 3 times over and the wires that are being used are ASWC-1 green/orange wire to pin 21, ASWC-1 black/green wire to ping 22, and pin 23 of vehicle harness to chassis ground.

After powering on, my wires we verified as the third and fifth green led as long blinks and the rest were short, which is correct. As for the red led blinks, I got two short blinks, which is correct (Kenwood).

Next I used my phone app to to connect to my ASWC-1 to check for a firmware update and there was one. After updating my firmware, I began to assign my button functions and wrote to the ASWC-1.

The problem I'm experiencing is when I press vol up on my steering wheel it begins to go up and not stop and it will also change my radio station as well. The rest of the buttons on my steering wheel do not respond. Also, I've noticed there are two ways of connecting the ASWC-1 using different color wires, gray/red to pin 21, gray/blue to pin 22 and white/green to pin 23 chassis ground. Should I be using that setup?

Axxess:

Good Morning. It seems like you should be wired the way you explain in the end. Ramping up volume means it sees something, but it doesn’t know what it is. Most likely, that should fix the issue.

Me:

I agree, the vol up on my steering wheel is sending a message to the radio, although after I release the vol up on my steering wheel, it continues to increase in vol to the max. Also, when I press the vol up on my steering wheel it changes the radio station. It's doing two commands at the same time (increase vol and change station). The other buttons on my steering wheel don't respond (vol down, ptt, on hook, off hook, mode/source). I'm a little lost in your last sentence, "Most likely, that should fix the issue."? What should fix the issue? Changing the wiring from black/green setup to using gray/red configuration? Please clarify, thank you.

Axxess:

Correct. Gray/red to pin 21, gray/blue to pin 22 and white/green with pin 23 chassis ground

I've also spoke with Crutchfield tech support and they said the same thing. So, when I get home tonight gonna jump some wires and see what happens. Thanks!

-Jason H.

Ok, after following the guide installation guide from Axxess, I used the second wiring config. ASWC-1 using different color wires, gray/red to pin 21, gray/blue to pin 22 and white/green to pin 23 chassis ground. My steering wheel controls work, but I can't get the PTT to work. So, I'm going to reach out to Axxess again in the morning.

• 1 year later...

Yes push to talk, hook on, hook off function on the steering wheel.

I just got a kenwood hu with the aswc1 unit and the Metra 70-8902 harness adapter.

I am getting the same problems where all of the steering wheel controls will only do volume up or it would randomly increase the volume if I press any of the buttons.

I am going to check the adapter this weekend to see if the swc wires are connected incorrectly.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Archived