LegacyGT.com

Anyone try to beef up the oem "sub"?

mikesae

I don't know, but I have an OEM sub that I bought from a member on here and I can't get it to work. He had cut the harnes, so I had to resolder all the connections. When I installed the sub, there was no output and the factory tweeters would clip.

If you want the sub to hack up and modify, PM me an offer with what you'd be looking to spend. :)

Has anyone taken apart the OEM sub? I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade the driver/amp, etc...

The amp is specified at 120 watts, though when i got rid of mine, i tested it at it was hanging around 40 watts RMS. Pretty weak, but what do you expect. The driver was 6 or 7 inches IIRC, and there was no space to change anything at all. An even larger constraint then the space was the temperature problems - try playing your sub at moderate levels for extended periods of time and then feel it. Mine got pretty toasty.

If you still want to upgrade, and absolutely NEED to have your

system under your seat, the JVC CS-BB2 is a better alternative. Much cleaner bass. Other options are to build a small box for a small 8" under the drivers seat and a small amp under the passenger seat - though this will only really work if you have manual seats because the electirc passenger seat has NIL for space underneath.

Archived