LegacyGT.com

Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season or Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS

shocker

I was going to go with the Conti Extremes but they're backordered and no one can get them til the end of December, and I need tires within the next week.

These two seem to be the next best options. The reviews on the RE960AS look really good, but I haven't heard enough about the Eagles, and since the prices are basically the same, I figured I'd inquire.

I do drive to the mountains every weekend to ski, so snow traction is considered, but I also do a lot of highway driving.

How do these two tires stack up?

There likely is not any data on F1's in snow since they came out this summer.

I have RE960's on a WRX 16" OEM rims and they are okay in the snow. Where I was really impressed was the stopping ability on snow and ice. Very little ABS chatter.

My point of reference for winter driving was I was previously was running Nokian NRW's(precursor to WR) and found the Nokian's to be better accelerating and lateral stability but really not much better at stopping in snow/ice.

I run to the mountains occasionally too to ski and would have no qualms on the RE960's.

I've seen some great reviews on the F1 A/S's and the Bridgestone's are one of the best reviewed all-seasons out there. If it were me, it would boil down to which one I liked the looks of better.

If that's your criteria you should get the Goodyears as they have some technology that keeps them forever new-looking.

I went through this whole thing recently, and decided there no substitute for a winter tire. Running Dunlop 3D.

Archived