LegacyGT.com

CEL went out on it's own, do I still need to go to dealer?

I had a check engine light last night (here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57108 ) and today ended up driving up to the mountains and back (btw, nice Royal Blue LGT wagon at the Shell station at loon today!) and the CEL was on the whole way. When I got in the car to drive home, I started it up and the lights weren't on. Should I still go to the dealer to get the code cleaned out, or should I be all set since they went away on their own?

the code will be logged in the ecm's memory, so if you really wanted to know you could go by there.....or you could go by autozone and have own of their resident auto geniuses pull the code for you.....

is it still shifting erratically?

Laz, i think that same thing happened to me yesterday. i was parallel parking onto the snow/sleet and frozen snow bank, i got the car parked but as i backed up my car one last time, i stalled the motor. started the car back up and the cruise light blink came on. shut the car off and then started her up again, the cruise light blink was gone. does anyone know how much Subaru dealership charges for pulling the codes? shocker, sorry for the highjack!

Archived