LegacyGT.com

Road Rage ?

A funny thing happened on my way to work today… I was rolling 29s and the road goes from three lanes to two. The right most lane merges into the center lane. Signs give you about 2.5 miles of warning that this is going to happen, and it’s not like there’s anything new about it…it’s the way the road was designed. But I look in my rearview mirror and some lady moves from the center lane and drives up the merging lane at 55mph….then tries to cut me off while I’m moving at about 52 “slightly slower” because of traffic in front of me.

I’m driving my 4runner….So I don’t slow down or speed up….I just keep driven. So she tries to “muscle” her way in…..I called her bluff and kept driven… so rather than admit defeat, slow down and merge in behind me…she keeps driven in the shoulder. So I just keep driven….Now a bridge is coming…..so I’m wandering what is she going to do? No more shoulder to ride in….She hits the breaks and merges in behind me….but it’s not over.

She then drives up the left lane and tries to squeeze in again between myself and a big rig in front of me. At this point I’m like this lady is crazy….but I didn’t let her in…she tries this for about a half mile then realizes her exit is coming up….well to make a long story short she misses her exit and I kept on driven.

Before I get flamed…..I know.. I probably should have let her just have the spot…it’s not worth it…. but the second attempt was just over the top…. And I knew she was beside her self with anger. I wasn’t even the least bid agitated…. And I had a much bigger vehicle... So I called her bluff again….

let the flaming begin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not worth it.

Xmas eve morning after a wonderful Brunch out for daughters first bday:

I was waiting in queue merging at a traffic circle. An 18 wheeler in wrong lane slowly cut in front of me and I just let them go over slowly. The person behind me apparently fuming mad, I heard honking but ignored not thinking it was related and its a clusterf*ck merge behind too (Portsmouth NH Traffic Circle). Anyway thought I stalled my WRX and baby woke. Confused I look in mirror and find a black Yukon squeezing/honking between me and 18 wheeler. They take off driving erractically through the traffic circle dodging cars.

Wife memorizes NH vetran plate number and calls 911. I stop and peek at results, forunately bumper just knocked in/out leaving minor marks but no real body damage. I was mostly pissed because it woke my 1 year old (her birthday that day).

NH Staties did not play, on RT95S(approx 10-15 miles only in NH) they had three sitting waiting. I stopped at one they stated did not see vehicle and unfortunately plate did not match vehicle description. Also <$1000 damage so no report etc.

Merry xmas road rage driver and thanks for service jerk vetran.

Road rage is not worth it.

I love these kinds of incidents. After moving to Northern NJ, I found myself in this situation A LOT. I'm a pretty laid-back guy, so I almost always let people in but sometimes I just feel like "teaching them a lesson". You know, letting them know that their antics won't cut it with everybody. I call this the "My Dick is Bigger Than Yours" syndrome. It is wrong to do, but its too much fun no to sometimes :lol:
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Definitely not worth it.

Xmas eve morning after a wonderful Brunch out for daughters first bday:

I was waiting in queue merging at a traffic circle. An 18 wheeler in wrong lane slowly cut in front of me and I just let them go over slowly. The person behind me apparently fuming mad, I heard honking but ignored not thinking it was related and its a clusterf*ck merge behind too (Portsmouth NH Traffic Circle). Anyway thought I stalled my WRX and baby woke. Confused I look in mirror and find a black Yukon squeezing/honking between me and 18 wheeler. They take off driving erractically through the traffic circle dodging cars.

Wife memorizes NH vetran plate number and calls 911. I stop and peek at results, forunately bumper just knocked in/out leaving minor marks but no real body damage. I was mostly pissed because it woke my 1 year old (her birthday that day).

NH Staties did not play, on RT95S(approx 10-15 miles only in NH) they had three sitting waiting. I stopped at one they stated did not see vehicle and unfortunately plate did not match vehicle description. Also <$1000 damage so no report etc.

Merry xmas road rage driver and thanks for service jerk vetran.

Road rage is not worth it.

They refused to even call the registered owner to see what was up? Lame.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I love these kinds of incidents. After moving to Northern NJ, I found myself in this situation A LOT. I'm a pretty laid-back guy, so I almost always let people in but sometimes I just feel like "teaching them a lesson". You know, letting them know that their antics won't cut it with everybody. I call this the "My Dick is Bigger Than Yours" syndrome. It is wrong to do, but its too much fun no to sometimes :lol:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it my junk is bigger, but I did do it ……and it is :icon_bigg

No question about it, she has been driving as an asshat. Driving on shoulder is no no in a situaiton like this.

OTOH - I don't understand ppl who create trafic jams and think it's WRONG to drive up all the way up the end of the merge. This is really annoying - you can have like a MILE of empty lane (that merges at the end) and traffic jam in adjacent lane(s).

In PA, even officials noticed the problem and you often see SIGN saying - proceed to the merge point or something like that.

Ironically once in such situation - exactly in PA with such a sign posted - an idiot decided to pull in front of me (when I was crusing in that deserted lane) to "teach" me a lesson.

Letting people in front of you when there is safe room to do so and it won't create a dangerous situation for yourself is the courteous thing to do. In situations as described above I would rather hold my ground.

this happens to me like once a week :lol: I had a guy slow down to 20 mph in front of my on the hwy b/c he was mad when I passed him in his S4 with my wagon. He flew around me, cut in front of me where there was really no room, & slammed the brakes. About a month ago I had a 4runner riding my ass in bumper to bumper traffic. I brake-checked him b/c he was right up my ass & he went on the shoulder & tried to force me into the middle lane traffic. I called the cops on both of these jackasses. More often than not I try to avoid confontations because you never know, someone could pull out a gun & shoot you.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Whow...I love these stories of two morons on the road trying to "Best" each other.....And here I thought we bought cars for transportation and fun...turns out that they are weapons to "TEACH LESSONS" with. Keep up the good work....there are not enough pile ups on the roads yet:(

There's a similar merge out in Bremerton on highway 3 that I drive every day... but worse.

It essentially goes from 3 lanes to 1 (it's a 2 lane highway with an on ramp immediately before the merge). There's a BIG yellow sign 3/4 mile before the merge, and another smaller one right before the merge itself.

I get into the left lane as soon as I can, actually I'm typically in the left lane way before the merge, even if it means following behind somebody really slow (there's no benefit to passing, getting back over, and stopping because of traffic). So I watch the traffic in my rear view mirror, and only let people in that are coming in from the on ramp. What this means, is one day I had some tool stay immediately to the right of me, driving on the shoulder as long as he could...

I just don't understand why people can't just merge when the sign says to merge, when they KNOW there's going to be a merge. Is that saved 5 minutes really worth pissing off other drivers and screwing up traffic even worse?

Whow...I love these stories of two morons on the road trying to "Best" each other.....And here I thought we bought cars for transportation and fun...turns out that they are weapons to "TEACH LESSONS" with. Keep up the good work....there are not enough pile ups on the roads yet:(

"trying" I did ...and "TEACH LESSONS" I don't think stupid people learn lessons i.e stupid.....I just didn't move...and if she wrecked her ride while doing illegal stuff ... so be it....

+1

I witness this every morning, usually with my kids in the car - where some idiot will not allow those in the right lane to merge left after exiting the highway onto secondary road. I love people who feel compelled to not "yield" their coveted spot in the line of traffic.

Especially troubling since the right hand lane was designed / added by traffic engineers to alleviate the traffic along the highway at the point of exit. Inconsiderate drivers nullify the design benefits since most folks simply cut left as quickly as possible in fear of being blocked at the end of the merge by above described idiots.

Whatever their excuse might be (small unit, road rage) I pity those that actually feel the need to block.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Especially troubling since the right hand lane was designed / added by traffic engineers to alleviate the traffic along the highway at the point of exit. Inconsiderate drivers nullify the design benefits since most folks simply cut left as quickly as possible in fear of being blocked at the end of the merge by above described idiots.

Of course, exit/entry lanes are different story.

+1

I witness this every morning, usually with my kids in the car - where some idiot will not allow those in the right lane to merge left after exiting the highway onto secondary road. I love people who feel compelled to not "yield" their coveted spot in the line of traffic.

Whatever their excuse might be (small unit, road rage) I pity those that actually feel the need to block.

Hay genius, read it again… if your gunna flame me...get your facts straight...

Let me clarify my own comment, as it probably sounds a lot more excessive then it really is...

My blocking only happens about 100 feet away from the actual merge. Before then I drive with a significant amount of space open between me and the car in front of me. I'm willing and ready for people to get over. There's a sign that said to merge, there's a spot to merge... so why not merge?

Further still, I'll typically let people in at that final point if they use their turn signal. But I'm sorry... last possible moment, no turn signal? Whether I'm being an ass hat myself or not, I will NOT let you merge if you're doing that.

When someone is trying to merge I usually let them in even if they are being asshats.

When someone is trying to change lanes I refuse to slow down for them.

When someone is in the left lane and I notice that they *just* realized their exit is coming up soon I try to block them without it looking deliberate. I know this teaches nothing but I really want people to pay attention to what they are doing - especially if they are going slow in the left lane with nobody in front of them.

last possible moment, no turn signal? Whether I'm being an ass hat myself or not, I will NOT let you merge if you're doing that.

Exactly, I am very accomodative to people who use turn signals. Otherwise, well, depends.

Hay genius, read it again… if your gunna flame me...get your facts straight...

:lol: :lol:

I understood your post just fine and wasn't pointing you out. My note just relates to what I personally see on my commute. If you see some of yourself in what I define as an "idiot" - so be it...

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Archived