LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

http://i.imgur.com/LVgpLbq.jpg

"A lot of people think they know what the WRX is all about. But, on November 20 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, we're going to show you something new. What it's never been. What it's always been.

Meet the all-new 2015 Subaru WRX. Everything from the chassis down to the lug nuts works together to give you jaw-dropping handling. It wasn't enough to simply turn your knuckles white; we wanted to keep them that way. This car not only moves you, but also accelerates us into the next generation of WRX. Nobody has ever built anything like it. Ourselves included."

Info via the Subaru website: http://www.subaru.com/auto-show/la-2013.html

Clearer image from Autoblog.com: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/11/2015-subaru-wrx-teaser/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

copy of my nasioc post:

yeh the first, high angle picture looks great and very aggressive but then again it was shot that way for a reason and its hard to design affordable sedan that will look great from each angle with all the regulations and drag requirements. Still, I am excited. I am only wondering if R&D has changed at all these days or should we expect the usual "don't buy first production year of a new model car" or in case Subaru: don't buy first 2 years....by the time they figure out all the gaskets, hoses, filters, bearings and all little BS that can grenade otherwise good drivetrain....we will be well into MY 2017. I hope that Subaru has used more than just a few test mules to figure out all these little things....for a change. Hopefully BRZ was a good test platform for new DI technology so at least engines should be good to go ?? I guess it would be enough to over engineer crucial hardware components by couple % to keep service department bored and deliver something that is good to go right off the bat

B4- is that some enthusiast rendering, or the real deal?

It's not bad, but it's the same concept year after year after year...

Take the fleet-rental looking Impreza, slap on some flares, bigger bumper, scoop, ricey diffuser, exhaust tips- Voila!

I don't think they are doing enough to make it look exciting anymore. Maybe that's the point.

remember back when the 5-door WRX (and then STi with added flares) came out and everyone hated the hatch for a couple years? Now, it's going to go down as one of their best looking variations ever.

the 2008 WRX sedan though was horribly boring. This red rendering above looks way too similar except for the 'flares', which look exactly like the flares that have been around for years.

Do something a little different Subaru. It won't kill you to try something new will it?!

I like the Tribeca! I'd totally own one (post-facelift).

My kid brother has an original pig-snout tribeca too! We both love it!

(Mind you, I think we'd be the only 2 people in western Canada who own them. So I get your point.):lol:

Wow, that's an aggressive looking Honda Civic! Seriously, what ever happened to taking the WRX and STi to a new, non economy car platform and making it a separate line?

Wait you mean Corolla/Scion Tc right? :hide::lol:

---

You should drive my 05 Legacy if you want to see outdated electronics!:lol:

Oh wait, that's not fair. My car has one-touch driver's side power window down!!! It's bad ass!! Not up, though. And certainly not on the passenger side! That would have been insane!!:rolleyes:

I would say that Subies are pretty restrained when it comes to electronic gadgets which means that even if they feel a bit dated when they are released they aren't aging as fast as a car with all the flashy stuff that exists.

It's better to add cool stuff like GPS navigator and whatever yourself - it's usually cheaper anyway.

453747.png

Where did you get those photos B4?

I think it looks better than the current model, but still really conservative. If you're going to go through the trouble of extensively revising and shortening the Impreza chassis to make a better WRX, why not style it to be something special as well? (cough cough, concept WRX, cough)

Okay guys, the new subaru WRX looks really weak.

The rear end is ugly as hell, the tail lights look weak as hell, it doesn't scream performance at all. Where the hell is the performance bumper for the rear end? Looks bland.

Why is Subaru feeding us this garbage? I am disappointed to say the least.

I've been considering a WRX for a while, but this just killed my hopes and my morale is down to 0 now.

Sorry to be so negative, but I have not been excited for a while other than the BRZ, but its still weak compared to WRX/STI.

Okay guys, the new subaru WRX looks really weak.

The rear end is ugly as hell, the tail lights look weak as hell, it doesn't scream performance at all. Where the hell is the performance bumper for the rear end? Looks bland.

Why is Subaru feeding us this garbage? I am disappointed to say the least.

I've been considering a WRX for a while, but this just killed my hopes and my morale is down to 0 now.

Sorry to be so negative, but I have not been excited for a while other than the BRZ, but its still weak compared to WRX/STI.

The new Corvette "screams" performance.

It's ugly as hell. But that's normal since it's a "Corvette." :rolleyes:

I have to laugh though. When I think of why Subaru got rid of the hood scoop on the 2014 Subaru Forester XT models but left it on the WRX it just says a lot. :lol:

Archived