LegacyGT.com

Hexmods great service!!

starionesir

I recently sent my valvebody to david to upgrade to f1 and had the extremely bad luck of having ups completely destroy my valvebody. :mad: Then I was even more upset to find that ups completely bailed on paying for the damage because they blamed me for not disclosing the value of the part.

Now here is the kicker the valvebody wasn't even in the box that I put it in. I put the valvebody in the box that david sent me and when he received it said it was in a completely different box and poorly packaged. When opened found the mangled remains of the valve body.

Argued this point with ups many times and to many different people asking how I was being held responsible for someone else reboxing my item but was told over and over sorry about the damage but that was company policy to not pay unless value was disclosed and basically wanted me to pay more money to ship the item with the added cost of declaring the value.

Long story short david stepped up and helped me out by completely building me another valvebody from scratch for minimal additional cost. Saving me buying another valvebody from subaru for almost $900. Can't say enough about david and the service he provides for the subaru community. Just wanted to come on here and let everyone know he is a great guy and would gladly deal with him again over and over. Thanks again david and look forward to seeing the end product once installed.

• 3 weeks later...
Dave is awesome, over a year ago when I got my F1 valvebody usps lost the modified valvebody, he built another and sent it right out, I sent him my core, and then weeks later the other valvebody showed up. I sent it back to him. Awesome customer service, and true car enthusiast.

UPS blows,.... they better step up or they're not going to be around for long. I paid 40 dollars to overnight a 15 dollar part and it took three days. Fed Ex has never let me down, and the USPS has really surprised me with two day service at a standard rate from the west coast.

I agree about ups being terrible. I talked to a rep from ups and he told me even if I would have declared the value and insured it that still didn't mean that had to pay the claim. They can still find a way to put blame on something else. He said the only way you can guarantee that the claim will be paid in full is if you take you item to the local ups store and pay for them to box it up, then pay the extra money to declare value and also pay to insure it then if it gets damaged or lost then they are responsible. Kinda of crazy to think I'm paying for you to ship something for me and you want me to pay extra money so you don't break it. If that was any other business don't think it would last long operating like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 week bump, just wanted to say thank you for the shout out. You guys are the best customers anyone could ask for. This makes me that much more motivated to put in more time building my Hex Valve Body Dyno.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

/\ That sounds friggin sweet

It will be IF I finish it. And I have learned the hard way that building things that a)you've never seen in person, b) cost >$10,000 for professional units, and c) don't even exist for the 5EAT or any Jatco transmission commercially, tend to be better left unsubstantiated in a public forum. Then IF it's completed and tested and works well, THEN post about it. So I'm going to suppress all posting about it as "just talk" until it's not talk anymore. The whole point of such an electro-hydraulic contraption is realist simulation of 5EAT input signals and pressures, and measurable, loggable outputs, so that the R&D is based on solid data, not on feel. I consider it a necessity for developing parts for cars I do not own. /end of talk.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived