LegacyGT.com

Turbo Inlet for 2005

I ordered a replacement OEM turbo inlet and received part number 14460AA220 but I've seen that part number 14459AA340 also listed as the turbo inlet. The part I received has the same amount of spigots/fittings but are off by a little bit. One of the fittings, you can see in the second picture, is almost completely different and I can't imagine how to put the hose one it. Also, the replacement turbo side seems about 1/4 inch smaller in diameter but that could just be the original being stretched.

Did I receive the wrong part or was part 14459AA340 superseded? I snapped a few pictures, hopefully you guys can help me. The older looking one with a hose still attached is the one I am replacing.

20130127_094212.thumb.jpg.1a3eecb82170eee29e36a0eb8b226295.jpg

20130127_094249.thumb.jpg.854673058d408a27103be16a4d40297f.jpg

20130127_094300.thumb.jpg.d10251e250be959461ecaf6531965e00.jpg

20130127_094350.thumb.jpg.08315840549533235c992db478fb5b1f.jpg

05-07 have different BPV return spigot placement than 08-09 do to relocation of solenoids. You would have to order for the inlet for your year specifically.

^ This. And it's a royal pain to learn this the hard way. Would be easier to change a spark plug through the muffler tip.

Thanks for the reply guys. So then I suppose they sent me an inlet for 08-09. On the OEM inlet, the spigot closest to the turbo has a right angle and a place to clip a wire coupling whereas the replacement is a straight and has nowhere to place the coupling.

Just got off the phone with Fred Beans Parts and they verified through my VIN that the correct turbo inlet part number is 14459AA340 and is for 03-05 models while 14460AA220 is for 05-07.

• 1 year later...

I have an 08 which would mean i need 14460AA220 that you ordered... do you have it still laying around? my coupler that connects to the turbo broke off like all the other one's ive seen.

Looks to be around $90 from subaru, do you happen to know if they have them in stock at the dealership? I need to get my car back on the road asap.. and would you know if the perrin would fit the 08-09's? anyone know if perrin made two types to fit both the 05-07 and the 08-09?

I have an 08 which would mean i need 14460AA220 that you ordered... do you have it still laying around? my coupler that connects to the turbo broke off like all the other one's ive seen.

Looks to be around $90 from subaru, do you happen to know if they have them in stock at the dealership? I need to get my car back on the road asap.. and would you know if the perrin would fit the 08-09's? anyone know if perrin made two types to fit both the 05-07 and the 08-09?

I ordered it from FredBeansParts and sent it back to them for an exchange. I have no idea about the Perrin inlets.

• 3 weeks later...

SO glad I found this thread need an inlet ASAP FBP can be it here by Friday. I recently bought my LGT and all records are on hand from previous owner but a tear in the inlet hose is something you wont know about until you look.

14460AA220 is what I ordered it is for the 07-09 LGT as a bit of insurance I am going to use wider clamps (t-bolts) over the narrow worm gear clamps. looks like the stock inlet rots over time due to constant heat cycles. My LGT is @ 87K no idea how long its been ripped but the tear isn't large enough room for my index finger to fit through.

yeah, I have a uninstalled t-clamp because my perrin likes to slip off periodically. just haven't gotten up the gusto to pull the inlet off again to put it on. partly because I wasn't sure I could get it to fit, and partly because it was such a pain to get the inlet on the turbo the first time.

• 1 year later...

Stay stock and stay happy. That's what I did.

Ok. I'm starting my shopping list for my turbo swap, and replacing this is on my list. I'm not going huge, either the 16G or JmP custom40. I'll replace stock with aftermarket if the aftermarket is better, or the same for less $$, but not if it's going to cause issues. :p

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

I replaced my stocker with the Godspeed silicone inlet. I've had zero issues with it so far and you can't beat the price with a stick.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EYRQ0O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Godspeed Blue color Turbo Intake Inlet Silicone: Automotive[/ame]

Ok. I'm starting my shopping list for my turbo swap, and replacing this is on my list. I'm not going huge, either the 16G or JmP custom40. I'll replace stock with aftermarket if the aftermarket is better, or the same for less $$, but not if it's going to cause issues. :p

I actually have an extra Perrin turbo inlet for an 05 lgt right now, and have no use for it. Almost new, 3000 miles on it. Here's a link to the part:

http://perrinperformance.com/i-13323995-turbo-inlet-hose-for-2008-14-wrx-2005-09-lgt.html

I'll sell it $100 shipped

I can attach pictures if you're interested.

Archived