LegacyGT.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the 3.0R in general is much more popular in other regions of the world. Likely due to it being available in Rev. A~C form. I'm yet to see another (other than mine) on the road here in southern Ontario (Canada). I'll see the odd GT, but it's mostly 2.5i models that I see.

When I got my car in July 2008, there weren't all that many available to choose from. Luckily what I wanted was sitting at a dealership about 1.5h away. Though, that was around the time that the production run of the 4th gen was to come to a close.

ive wondered the same. the 08r should be the rarest since it only came in one flavor. starting in 09 there was the r with and without navi ( i think it was called premium or something ) to choose from.

Read a post on here (somewhere) that only 316 3.0R's where made in '08.......Anyone confirm?

I would think it has to be more than that, but I don't know. I would believe that 316 3.0R's in a specific color were made. I know when I was looking for mine, it took me several months to find it and there were only a handful available across the entire country.

I sent a letter to SOA to inquire about build numbers and got nothing from them. :(

Friend of mine bought a used one a month ago, and asked me to take a look at it and drive it. When I actually saw it the previous owner had attached a generic 'v6' emblem under the 3.0R badge :spin:

Sweet car tho, had decent power and sport sharp mode gave it nice/quick pedal response. Unfortunate it only came in auto trans as someone else said.

I have nothing to really contribute to the thread topic just wanted to share that :redface:

On cars101, they list the '09 3.0R LTD. as having the Bilstein suspension with the aluminum suspension components from the Spec.B. Any truth to this?

Yes I believe that the 3.0R has the same suspension as the Spec.B

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

On cars101, they list the '09 3.0R LTD. as having the Bilstein suspension with the aluminum suspension components from the Spec.B. Any truth to this?

I just saw this as well! I know my '08 3.0R has the Bilstein shocks/struts, but has the steel suspension components similar to the LGT. I wonder if they changed it for a year or if it's a typo.

This is from the 2009 catalog:

2.5GT Spec.B and

3.0R Limited Suspensions

Outfitted with a Bilstein® sport suspension, the 2.5GT

spec.B and the 3.0R Limited take it a step beyond.

The spec.B suspension uses aluminum components

to reduce weight. Both ride on 18-inch wheels with

wide, performance-oriented tires to maintain optimal

adhesion. All working together to form an intimate

connection to the road.

3.0R Limited

The flagship Legacy. Get all the performance and luxury

advantages of the 2.5GT spec.B but with six cylinders

and a 5-speed SPORTSHIFT automatic transmission for

even smoother acceleration. The equipment list includes

perforated leather-trimmed seats, available satellite radio,

the immersive Harman Kardon premium audio system and

an available touch-screen GPS navigation system.

My 09 3.0R Limited was the best Subaru I've owned out of the eight so far. I also believe it was the most luxurious Subaru that will ever be made. Its handling had to be experienced to be believed, just like its brakes. The HK sound system was the best sound I've ever heard in an automobile. Its performance was greater than my need under all circumstances.

I got the car in 08 when I traded my 05 LGT for it. As of today I've never seen another one, anywhere.

My problem was, I just couldn't get over the turbo cars... so I traded the 3.0R for an 11 WRX, which I then graded for my 11 STi.

Counting the 12 Forester 2.5X Limited we just got I've had eight Subarus over the past 22 years. Of course, I like the STi best in most ways, although I'll never quite get over my LGT. I'm glad to see the new FB25 engine in the Forester has chain driven cams... like the 3.0R.

Back with one foot in the NA camp. :)

They ruined it with the slushbox.

Having driven mine for two years... I disagree. And it is far from a "slushbox" of an automatic. Its shifts were excellently quick, its operation flawless. Its manual mode was fun, but it actually worked best in automatic mode. Also, a manual transmission, even a great one like the 6MT in my STi, would be out of place in the car. It is a luxury car, not a performance oriented car. Its automatic was totally in context.

I know a good automatic transmission. I raced one in a big block record holding car many years ago. And my 05 LGT had a fully built IPT 5EAT. No human with a manual can beat a built automatic.

The 3.0R engine's sound was intoxicating, what you could hear. The mufflers kept it quietly purring during normal driving yet released that flat-6 boxer voice under WOT. Here again some people would want "glass packs" to enable hearing the motor all the time... but again, it would be out of context with the car. A turboed version would have also been gross excess. No, the 3.0R Limited was perfect just the way it was made. For me, too perfect. I needed something to mod. The 3.0R wasn't that car.

The rest of the world drives standard everything. As fat lazy americans, were the only ones that are uses to automatics as a standard feature. It would only be out of place here.

The rest of the world drives standard everything. As fat lazy americans, were the only ones that are uses to automatics as a standard feature. It would only be out of place here.

Not entirely true. Japan, for example, has a higher percentage of automatic equipped cars than the US. Also, not a lot of the world has a high percentage of luxury cars, or cars big enough and equipped enough to qualify as such. Many are small things in which an automatic transmission would be out of place. Further, for many of those countries, the technology and the price of that technology doesn't lend itself to inclusion in the vehicles most there use or can afford.

Not a bunch of six speed Mercedes running around, here or anywhere else. Chose another luxury brand and see how many are manual transmission equipped. The fact is, MOST of our USDM cars qualify as luxury cars in "the rest of the world" you seem to prefer. The percentage of luxury to compact cars in some countries is comparatively small. It isn't about being fat and lazy as much as it is the size of our economy, not our bellies. Our roads, in general, are far superior to the what most of "the rest of the world" drives on. I've been on a few, in "their" cars. I'd really rather be here, thank you.

Oh, and about the fat and lazy... speak for yourself. :)

I pretty much stopped reading your post after you called the legacy a luxury vehicle.

Thats another overally diluted and almost completley washed out auto related term.

Sports inspired family sedan is more appropriate.

That being said.. per capita, america is home to one of the lowest percentage of drivers who can drive stick. From experience .. very very few people in europe and africa drive automatics. Sure, the DDC trans has been on the rise lately, but the standard rules supreme everywhere but here. Overwhelmingly i should say.

The 3.0 is a wonderfully smooth engine. Perhaps the automatic worked well with it, but I would still rather have a stick just for the engaging driving experience. 3.0r 5MT (or 6MT) wagon would have been really nice.

I just love the sound of this one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3haSVYa4Vo]Subaru Legacy STI H6 - PreTurbo Instlation part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Archived