LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can come take measurements on mine if you want, still have my phone #?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Can you put me down for an s204 for an 06 outback?

Wow Id be interested in one of these as well for my 05 Outback possibly. Edit: Saw the pricing on OP may have to wait but will keep it in mine

Edited by Scooby2.5

How is the list moving along??

It's slow going right now, I had some set backs with my hand, I ended up tearing it open again :eek: and I've been working through it at work. Anyways its feeling pretty good finally. I'm also getting on second shift starting tomorrow for a while so I'm going to have all day to work on these.

Jist of it is I haven't gotten much done the past few weeks but I'll be making a comeback and get back on track. I'll post updates when I start getting more of them done. I've added everyone who's messaged me too. Thanks.

So keen for one of the S402's, put me on the list! Somehow my JDM spec B didn't come with one of these already :( (Dealership quoted about $900 to get a genuine one in!!!)

Since I've got an 08 JDM bumper did you want me to get some measurements to make sure of the size and fit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys what's up? Apologies for not updating this lately. I've been going back and forth on this whole thing for a while so I wasn't sure what say on here. After making a couple of these S402 style grills, I'm gonna have to step back from making more. After seeing what's involved in getting one together it's just not realistic from my standpoint. Flat out, it takes weeks of on and off work, probably around 20+ hours total to make a single grill. The amount of money I pocket from making one, I make in less than a day of overtime at my job. Which I also thought I might be getting furloughed from and only workin 4 days a week freeing up a bunch of time, but that didn't happen. It's a lot on home life to be working full-time plus overtime then trying to get these built and make barely anything for my time. I wanted to make it work so I tried but after seeing it'd take tens of thousands of dollars to have a mold made for these, the possiblity kind of died there. I've got 40+ people interested in these and there's just no way I can make that many by hand. I was literally using jeweler's files and hand filing every little connecting point of the plastic honeycomb insert to the outside of the grill. It's a ton of work. I also make the same off of a recessed grill and it takes about a quarter of the time to make. I may still make some of the recessed ones since I have some grills left. I guess I'll just list those for sale once I get any done. So that's where things stand at this point and I hate to get peoples' hopes up but I didn't realize it'd be as much work as it is.