LegacyGT.com

Facelift taillights and bumper fit pre-facelift

yo,

Just a random question.

Is it possible to change pre-facelift taillights to the facelift taillights if you were to also change the rear bumper?

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ccgrant/BLleg_30.jpg

http://www.autojournal.jp/item_img/IGS60231010002_1.jpg

Cheers

I think you better do some measurements before you spend your cash.

It may cost more them you think.

Are the trunk lids the same ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Theres a thread on this somewhere. Yes you can install everything but you would need a face lift bumper and lights. The lights on the face lift are shorter in height then the pre-face lift ones. .Everything else matches up.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

For the 05-07 facelift to 08-09 front, you need lots of stuff... front fenders, headlights, fog lights, front bumper cover, bumper beam, fog lights, and fender liners. For the rear you need the tail lights and rear bumper cover. There is more this is just off the top of my head.

IMO put your money into something that's going to make it run better. Better bang for your buck.

I've got an EZ30 n/a hard to make power without spending big bucks anyway.

I'm just looking into it as im 50/50 on the current ass-end of my car. Not interested in the front end of the car.

Just wondering if anyone has done it before?? and if you only need the bumper , lights and if it all fits together on the pre-facelift rear end.

From what I remember reading in the 05 to 08 rear end swap, you also need brackets for the tail lights and bumper. The member who documented his swap spent about $800 in OEM parts (this was like 6 years ago I think) and then a bit more to get the bumper painted. This was a USDM car and USDM parts. I'll look for the thread

Not sure if the cost would be different with a non-USDM car (I see you're from NZ)

Edit: here you go - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/05-08-rear-bumper-and-taillight-conversion-97312.html

Pics are missing though :(

From what I remember reading in the 05 to 08 rear end swap, you also need brackets for the tail lights and bumper. The member who documented his swap spent about $800 in OEM parts (this was like 6 years ago I think) and then a bit more to get the bumper painted. This was a USDM car and USDM parts. I'll look for the thread

Not sure if the cost would be different with a non-USDM car (I see you're from NZ)

Edit: here you go - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/05-08-rear-bumper-and-taillight-conversion-97312.html

Pics are missing though :(

Thanks for that , pitty the pics are missing thanks for the thread anyway.

Alot of people are importing the JDM models here so shouldnt be too hard to find parts.

Yes the 08-09 bumper & taillights can be swapped no prob. I've done it a couple of times.

You need to swap the brackets that go under each taillight to support the cover as well, but pretty much that's it. Taillights, bumper cover, and 2 brackets.

You can probably find the covers pretty cheap these days as cars don't get hit in the rear very often, and even a regular legacy sedan cover will work just fine.

I 'borrowed' the cover and lamps off an 08 to get an 07 ready for inspection when converting from salvage certificate to rebuilt title (they don't care about paint color just as long as all the parts you're gonna replace are installed), then swapped back to 05 bumper and lights once I got a parts car in with the appropriate bumper.

Archived