LegacyGT.com

Question..No Check Engine... MR Catless TBE...Backfire

zhabodav

Just like the title says, Catless TBE...no check engines about misfire or anything.... I had the CBE first and when I installed the TBE I noticed a lot of backfire when my engine is fully warm. I am also running Cobb AP stage 1.... had it at Stage 2 with the same effects. Am I running lean? Is this normal?

This is probably caused by the cobb map. I've not seen exactly what all they change on their ots maps, but they probably have changed your a/f ratios to make some more powa and as a result can cause to you run slightly rich. Then in additon to being catless you will have some unburnt fuel "pop"...it's mostly audible because you have no cats and thus a freer flowing exhaust. At least without the carts you won't damage them...that's about the only thing that will be damaged with "backfiring"

All in all, its not a big deal....however if you are truly tbe (meaning downpipe, mid, y and cans, you need to be running a stage 2 map.

i had the MR Catless TBE on my car and between shifts it used to pop all the time. Its just from being catless cause my friends car also does it. I now have a Borla CBE but it still pops here and there. Not as much as the Megan though. It was definatly more pronounced with the MR system. Nothing to worry about.

Archived