LegacyGT.com

MS2 and ej22

93ej22

hello all, I am sure this has been brought up a few times and I have done some google searching and am finding a lot of info that doesn't add up and am getting pretty well lost with it.

I have been looking into what it would take to put a ms2 ems on a 95 ej22, it seems like most people that have a problem have a problem with the ignition 6/7 setup, I have been wondering about something different like a ford edis style 36-1 trigger wheel to control ignition, can mount one on pretty much anything that spins with the engine rpm, crank pulley, inside distributor housing etc, then work with the rest of the Subaru sensors or gm sensors where applicable to make it more simple to hook up to the ms since they are already setup for gm sensors

I know they make a diypnp setup to plug into the stock Subaru wiring harness and build the ecu from there... but I haven't seen anyone that has done that and got it running yet. just tr4ying to figure out what the best option is to get some tunability cheaply

from what i have found the only change between the stock stuff and the system running a megasquirt is removing the stock maf and use the gm style map sensor that comes with the ms. how many of you are running a megasquirt with stock ign trigger wheel

Archived