LegacyGT.com

2007 highbeams quit working

absolutsnwbrdr

My sister just got a 2007 outback about 3 weeks ago and her highbeams quit working. She could take it to the dealer to have them look at it, but they arent a Subaru dealer, so I'd probably have better luck troubleshooting it than they will. She lives in North Carolina and I'm going to see her next weekend so I'd like to come up with some ideas before I get down there.

I looked in my manual (2005 legacy/outback) and as far as I can tell, the lowbeams and highbeams are on the same fuse for each side of the car, so I dont think its a fuse. Also, I doubt that both highbeam bulbs burnt out at the same time. I'm planning on checking all the fuses, just to be sure, but I just wanted to know if anyone has encountered this problem.

Thanks!

:whore:

Had one lowbeam burn out, then the other the very next day.

+2

Happens all the time thanks to the current differences and loads placed on the remaining bulb.

always replace both bulbs when one goes... otherwise you'll be replacng the other one pretty soon!

I, too, have had bulb pairs burn out in quick succession. I figure it's due to some high-quality manufacturing process. Reduces production variation.

Besides, one of my rules is to check if the quick & cheap solution works first, even though it may be less likely.

IIRC, '07 has high-beam DRL, right? Does she remember to turn on her low-beams?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived