• 1 month later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

Any info on where to source said smfw that fits the 05/06 LGTs? I remember we used to recycle flywheel by the dozen when I was a mechanic... now that I need one it's been hard af to find!

If anyone can confirm any pics on Google that's be cool too... there are some funky cut outs on some of the aftermarket options... I really want to go stock smfw though, half the price of the southbend clutch seems silly for a fw!

Any info on where to source said smfw that fits the 05/06 LGTs? I remember we used to recycle flywheel by the dozen when I was a mechanic... now that I need one it's been hard af to find!

If anyone can confirm any pics on Google that's be cool too... there are some funky cut outs on some of the aftermarket options... I really want to go stock smfw though, half the price of the southbend clutch seems silly for a fw!

Rallysportdirect usually has decent prices and free shipping on clutch kits. Vendors on this forum probably have comparable prices.

Hey thanks for the reply bro... I found the clutch through a vender on here already. I need the oem flywheel off either an 07-09 LGT or 06-11wrx. Not sure where to find one

you can use the flywheel from a 12-14 WRX as well. I'm currently running a 2014 WRX flywheel. You can get them pretty cheaply off ebay from a salvage parts vendor.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just dropped this off it the shop. They opened the box and see a Exedy clutch disc with the Southbend PP. There was the TOB and Pilot bearing too.

Should have the car back late this week.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well the SB KSB04-HD-O is not the correct one for the 2008 Legacy GT smfw.

So I called Spec Clutch and ordered the SU253H and new Friction surface for the Spec Aluminum FW I had in the car years ago.

I was worried earlier today when I read a member on here had only 43k miles on the SB stage 2 Daily and it was slipping. No worries now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Well the SB KSB04-HD-O is not the correct one for the 2008 Legacy GT smfw.

So I called Spec Clutch and ordered the SU253H and new Friction surface for the Spec Aluminum FW I had in the car years ago.

I was worried earlier today when I read a member on here had only 43k miles on the SB stage 2 Daily and it was slipping. No worries now.

The correct SB part for a 5MT with single mass flywheel is fjk1001-hd-o.

I guess it was kind of useless to call the Vendor I talked to them, while I was on their website to verify it was correct before I bought it...

Just to clarify, the Vendor was not SB.

I'll see how the return policy works...;)

Edited by Max Capacity

Called Spec Clutch again today (about 10AM) and actually spoke with an old racing buddy from back about 15 years ago who works there. He said he saw my order from yesterday and he would see what he could do to expedite it.

On side note, looks like the Driveshaft with replaceable U joints will be here tomorrow, UPS tells me there's a 27lbs. package coming.

FWIW, the Driveshaftstore is where I bought it.

Got an email from Spec at 12:44PM the clutch and friction disc has shipped. Have a UPS #.

Edited by Max Capacity

• 2 weeks later...
Picked the car up and drive it 12 miles to home. This is the third Spec 2+ in the car. This one feels like a stock pedal pressure, not heavy on the left leg. The first one back in Jun 26 2007, had a little heavy feel but not to bad.