LegacyGT.com

This is awesome everyone should have one.

specialB

Used to run an electronic exhaust cut out on my old ram...But now I found a boost activated exhaust cutout!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5gaAuGNk5M]YouTube - SP Boost Actuated Exhaust Cutout[/ame]

Would never need to buy an exhaust system again. Run it quiet stock and you have all the noise and extra power when you put your foot down. Its like the exhaust bypass that comes on the new vettes except this opens at a set psi instead of a set RPM.

I'd rather have a cutout that you can open with a switch.

A Vette I was driving awhile back had factory e-cutouts that were opened depending on load and rpm. It was super annoying. You'd accelerate hard, then brake for a corner and they'd close, and then you have to hit it hard again and they open, slowly I might add.

From the first video it looks like it opens much faster via boost acuator than the electric motor did on my truck. Supposively if you get a solenoid hooked up to it you can fully control it too, set the psi for when to open or just run full open or full close.

I didn't do much reading, but couldn't that cause issues when it closes on shifts? A sudden change in the amount of backpressure seems like it could be a bad thing, ie going from 6" worth of exhaust outlet (assuming a 3" exhaust and 3" cutout) to only 3" worth.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I doubt the amount of backpressure would hurt in low boost, low rpm circumstances, like when shifting. Even a really restrictive exhaust is only restrictive at higher rpm, when the engine is pushing a greater volume of air.

Besides, I have a laggy ass 20g! :lol:

Edit: Look how fast this thing opens!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C556EHYUijA]YouTube - SP boost activated exhaust cutout[/ame]

Hey guys it's my first post! glad to be here!

this is a pretty cool setup. Although I think I agree with StoplightAssassin, I'd prefer something that's either open or closed. A system that does not depend on rpm/boost to tell it when to be open or closed would be cool.

I'd rather have a cutout that you can open with a switch.

A Vette I was driving awhile back had factory e-cutouts that were opened depending on load and rpm. It was super annoying. You'd accelerate hard, then brake for a corner and they'd close, and then you have to hit it hard again and they open, slowly I might add.

Fortunately for the Vette's, the vacuum valves can be deactivated (remain open) by removing a fuse. Once the fuse is removed, you have both valves completely open giving you a great sound out of a stock exhaust. (My Dad has an '08 Vette)

Even better is if you get the "Mild to Wild" switch that enables you to activate/deactivate the valves if you want the car to be "stock" again :cool:.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Archived