LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

Well unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a set of Rays, Volks, Advan, Works, etc.... I have to go with what the old budget can afford. They look nice on the digital image of what I am looking at and I don't want to look like all the other wheels out there. One thing I have learned in all of my years is that when it comes to wheels, everyone has an opinion, but the only one that really matters is the drivers. :)

I'll keep looking until I find that wheel that speaks to me.

I'm not knocking your budget, just your taste in wheels. :lol:

Scroll up and look at the wheels I just bought. They're by no means expensive. I drive way too much to have a set of expensive wheels on my car. This is actually the first set of new wheels I've ever purchased. I usually buy used wheels for $400-$600 depending on whether or not they come with tires.

I may not be buying the Superleggeras after all. One wheel looks to be badly curbed. Doesn't appear to be any bends, but about 1/9th of the outer lip is shaved down a bit. Not sure the wheels are even worth $400.

Am I correct that the main advantage of the OZ Racing wheels is the weight advantage?

Since I am not overly concerned about weight, I feel it's better to get a wheel that is not damaged over getting the OZ Wheels.

Are you handy at all? If so, that's a simple fix and they will look brand new in a day. Fixing curb rash is so easy to do you'd be surprised.

1. Buy a metal filler (I used Aluminox)

2. Sand curb rash as smooth as you can with standard sand paper (I use 400 grit)

3. Fill in gouges and missing chunks with metal filler

4. Wait 5 minutes, then sand smooth

5. Prime

6. Paint color of your choice (if matching to OEM silver, use Wurth Silver Lacquer)

If you lived closer I'd show you how to do it. The only time I won't buy wheels is for bends and cracks.

In between each step above, wash with dish soap and dry. Wear rubber gloves. I do all my wheel repairs in the summer so that it's hot outside. It really speeds things along. I can wash, sand, prime, paint and clear in a few hours. Curb rash is the easy part. Those instructions can be used for a small repair for a full wheel repair and repaint. Only difference is the time it takes.

Here's another wrx wheel fitment off of a 2012 wrx. The tires are 245/40/17 Falken Azenis FK-453.

Here you go. The rear sits in a little deeper. The 245/40/17s make them look a whole lot better than the 235/45/17s they came with. I do plan on some spacers for the rear a bit later.

When these wheels first came out in 2011, I didn't like them at all. But they grew on me quickly. Especially when I started seeing them on other cars than the new WRX. They look sharp on our Legacy's, and your car inspired me to get a set for my wagon...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ACCORDing2R/Wheels%20For%20Sale/WRX1_zps7b726dd2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ACCORDing2R/Wheels%20For%20Sale/WRX4_zps6080352d.jpg

Here's a set I just acquired. Unfortunately, they didn't come with tires, so I'm on the lookout for a set of 245/40 summers.

I know you said they fit well without any spacers. But I'm just curious, are your fenders rolled? Are they a close/tight fit to the suspension on the inside (having such a high offset for 8" wide wheels)? Is your car lowered? And lastly, what lugs are you using? They look black in the picture. What brand are they? Do aftermarket tapered lugs fit these wheels?

Thanks in advance!

The tires will be really close to the suspension but thats due to the offset and my tires being a little wider than most 245/40s I've owned from other tire manufacturers. I'm on Koni Adjustables and Swift springs. My fenders are rolled and pulled from a previous wheel and tire setup. With a slight roll in the rear you should be fine. The only rubbing I had was on the rear right behind the wheel where the rear strut top mount sits behind. There is plastic from the wheel well that sits over it and sticks out. I just cut that plastic off and no rub at all on the back side of the wheel and tire. The wrx wheels have a tapered seat so any aftermarket lug nuts with a tapered seat should work fine. I'm on some black Muteki close ended lug nuts.

Very very nice! I'm digging those 760's! Did you get any rubbing? The gunmetal looks awesome on silver!

Thanks for the compliment.

They're really growing on me.

I had some rubbing in the rear. Click on the link below the pic. I posted exactly what I had to cut/trim to eliminate the rubbing.