LegacyGT.com

Stereo update.......happy :)

donyzfr1

Just an update on the stereo in my 05 LGT. Since I had to keep my HU I just added 2 Kenwood 10" Subs in a port tuned box. An Autotek 1000 amp, I kept all the stock speakers and tweeters but them on a Kenwood 600 watt amp. I added the iSimple FM modulator for my iPod. And Hell I was shocked at the sound I got. Nice and clear, thats all I really wanted. Im glad I didn't replace all my stock speakers for some components. No JL Cleansweep was needed for me (saved money there WHEW!!!). Im 42 hell Im not going to be playing my music so loud that the person in front of me starts to jam off me. LOL Been there done that! Would post pics but the only thing you will see is the sub box. We all know what those look like. Later I gotta get out and ride with my new sound. :)

Cool thanks for the update. Did the amps have speaker wire inputs or did you use an lci? I have done the loud stereo thing before too. I think once hearing something "good" you can only tolerate a certain level of "bad" before feeling the need to fix it, even if rattling things with bass is no longer a goal.

I think i just about have it figured out what I'm going to do soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought about, but then I was like Im not going to be booming like that. So no. And Im happy with the sound I have. I dont hear any vibrations, LOL my wife would have been quick to point that out.

I ended up installing a JVC KW-HDR81BT in my Legacy this past weekend and it made a huge difference in sound quality. I'm not sure if it is the 20w rms of the new head unit vs the 7w rms of the oem unit. It just amazes me what a difference that adding a line converter or new head unit makes to the sound quality in a Subaru oem system. Would it have really cost Subaru too much to add $50 worth of amplification so people didn't need to mess with the stereo?

• 1 month later...

Archived