LegacyGT.com

Blouch 1.5xtr turbo install need help!!!

I have a 07 spec b I'm trying to install a dom 1.5xtr I also got a killer b headers with the up pipe. I used the vehicle clamp to clamp the header to the up pipe but I can't get the turbo to line up and I can only get one out of 3 bolts into the turbo to the up pipe.

So removed it and bolted the turbo to the up pipe out side the car but then I cant gethe the up pipe below the turbo bracket. Do I remove the turbo bracket and not use that? Also the oil line th at is supplied that is flexible were does that go into see the line that use to go to the turbo I followed it to the end of line it goes to a banjo bolt that is next the fuel lines on passengerside.

Okay, first of all, nobody is going to respond to this(except me I guess). Use some grammar and punctuation. Not being a jerk, but this is SO hard to read!

Oh boy... I'm not familiar with installing that turbo or those headers, but it's all stock location isn't it? Only issue should be clocking the up-pipe properly if KillerB uses a v-clamp. Don't take this the wrong way at all, but perhaps if there's so many issues have a professional do the work?

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

It is a tough squeeze. You may need to grind the transmission bell housing a little to squeeze it in there. Deleting the TGVs may be necessary on the older cars. If you got the 3" inlet version you may need to use a hard inlet pipe.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

some pricey parts....

u can afford a good tech/mech....

This doesn't make sense. I can afford pricey parts because I do the work myself (at least if the engine is blown up). Plus, installing it yourself can be half the fun (if not more)

@ OP glad you figured it out. Was the problem you were trying to bolt the turbo to the up-pipe and with bolts (instead of studs) you weren't able to get everything attached and lined up?

I dont understand why people have to insult me. I come and asked a question hoping I could get some help. I am not a mechanic but I do work on cars alot. Also my friend that has been giving me a hand he is a ase certified mechanic. I don't work on these cars everyday. I ran into a snag and you guys are telling me I shouldn't be installing parts on my car. At the same time I've installed a fuel pump, injectors a iag aos, timing belt and a cam seal. So I get stuck putting one part in and you guys have to insult me. I was using bolts, I did go to the dealership to get the studs but they said they only come on the up pipe so I decided to use bolts. But it would not line up so I went out and got aftermarket studs and it slid right on with no effort.

I dont understand why people have to insult me. I come and asked a question hoping I could get some help. I am not a mechanic but I do work on cars alot. Also my friend that has been giving me a hand he is a ase certified mechanic. I don't work on these cars everyday. I ran into a snag and you guys are telling me I shouldn't be installing parts on my car. At the same time I've installed a fuel pump, injectors a iag aos, timing belt and a cam seal. So I get stuck putting one part in and you guys have to insult me. I was using bolts, I did go to the dealership to get the studs but they said they only come on the up pipe so I decided to use bolts. But it would not line up so I went out and got aftermarket studs and it slid right on with no effort.

We're not insulting you, lighten up buttercup. :) We'd just hate to see someone make a mistake with parts as nice as that. I'll agree with Rhitter on the "you can afford a mechanic" aspect, because I sure as hell can't!

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived