LegacyGT.com

Shield L7 + Genome Sports Grille = (pix here!!)

Legacy05GT

I've been planning this for a while, and finally got around to buying the sports grille from Japanparts.com. I got a hold of 2 older legacy grilles w/ the shield L7 badge. I got the idea when i saw an B4 import at a performance shop in CT.

On the trunk i have the newer oval L7 badge. I have a second shield L7 but its too narrow to cover the rear trunk bolts, so that'll take a bit more effort.

It took about 10 minutes of dremel work on the old grille to make the older plastic bracket useable.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/677000-677999/677204_66_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/677000-677999/677204_67_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/677000-677999/677204_68_full.jpg

looks nice! like that style badge better than ours. thought I'd put the trunk badge(got one laying around) on the front since it's smaller, but with my RBS DIY grill can't decide if I like it without.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

who is your source for the old badges?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

can't decide if I like it without.

Yeah, i felt it looked too empty with nothing there.

who is your source for the old badges?

well...i bought two identical JDM BG/BD grilles off of Nabisco about 2 years ago from a guy named yuji. Finally they're not collecting dust anymore.

Yeah, i felt it looked too empty with nothing there.

well...i bought two identical JDM BG/BD grilles off of Nabisco about 2 years ago from a guy named yuji. Finally they're not collecting dust anymore.

was wondering how it would look to replace the badge on my hatch with that. think it's possible to put the subaru stars inside?

was wondering how it would look to replace the badge on my hatch with that. think it's possible to put the subaru stars inside?

the genome sports grille actually comes w/ the subaru stars badge mounted on it already(very easy to remove). so yes, it is possible.

The problem with mounting a shield shape L7 on the rear is that the holes from the stars badge are wider than the shield badge, so they'll show unless you get them filled or create a bracket to use those holes, although that would look goofy imo.

• 6 years later...
I know this is a very old thread but I have been searching for one of these genome grilles with no luck. I really want one of these, can anyone help me out with where to find one? Thanks and wow what a sexy grille you have there!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived