LegacyGT.com

Brembo's from an Acura TL

Energyblue98

This may be a retarded question but...

I have a 2008 Legacy GT Spec B,

and a 2004 Acura TL.

The front brembo brakes that come on the TL looks exactly like the STI brembos (and the 06 evo brembos that I've seen on my friends evo). I'm assuming they're all the same model of brembo caliper..?

If this is true, could i swap off the brembo's from the Acura and put them on my legacy?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj109/justinboyer1983/9731B11B-E865-4B54-A20F-C3ADB3490DF1_zpsa4km9e1w.jpg

From what i once read. There calipers are "brembo" design but are actually all made by Sumitomo companmy. The only thing i would worry about is the mounting points unless all of them share the same mounting (g35, 350z, evo, sti, TL and Cobalt SS)

I know for a fact the evo brembos are not the same as the sti's. Different size pistons, different orientation, and more importantly different bolt spacing. Alot of 4 piston brembo's may look the same on the outside but be very different on the inside and how they bolt to the car. From experience if you want the easiest method of going brembo buy the sti set or a aftermarket set for the legacy. Much easier install.

You can make the evo ones work on the front but you have to modify your oem knuckles and once thats done there is no going back.

• 7 months later...
I ended up not trying. The Acura is sold now, it was probably worth more with the Brembos left on it anyway. From what I had read on the Acura forum, the thread in the caliper is different than the STI and different from the Evo etc. Could probably just retap it or helicoil it, but i didn't want to mess with it. Brembo probably did that to attempt to prevent people from swapping over between cars. I do know that Brembo front calipers sell for MUCH cheaper on the evo forums than they do here or on nasioc.

Archived