LegacyGT.com

Outback People

I don't believe we're wanted here. I think they want this to be a Legacy forum. I don't think they want Outback people on their forums.

Regards,

~ Samuel, '07 Outback

:confused: How you figure?

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I don't believe we're wanted here. I think they want this to be a Legacy forum. I don't think they want Outback people on their forums.

Regards,

~ Samuel, '07 Outback

Dude, you just joined the forum last Sunday, you've posted a whopping total of 3 posts, how did you possibly form that opinion in such a short amount of time? Are you a troll or something? At this point, that's a completely fair question to ask.:rolleyes:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Regards,

~ Samuel, '07 Outback

They're just frustrated because the Outback is by far the most popular trim level, and MILF's want you if you drive one.

Seriously, most LGT owners are not usually traditional Subaru owners. If they've owned a Subaru before, it was probably a WRX. They're generally younger, more performance oriented, and spell poorly. They abuse alcohol and prescription drugs, and don't wear socks. They will sell their LGT to buy a Labrador Retriever puppy so they can finally get a date. But it's legacygt.com after all, not mymommyssoutback.org, so it's their playpen.

Subaruoutback.org is probably more to your liking, since 2.5l owners are the norm there, not the exception. Or you could try ultimatesubaru.org, which considers the 95-99 models (two generations back) "New Generation" and is primarily focused on maintenance, operating economy, and longevity.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thers are more OBXT owners on this board than you think! I have never read an un-kind word towards an OB, or an OB owner.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

Seriously, most LGT owners are not usually traditional Subaru owners. If they've owned a Subaru before, it was probably a WRX

Actually, I had a 97 Outback Sport for 8.5 years before I bought my LGT. In fact, I can't think of any current Legacy drivers that used to own a WRX, at least in my own personal experience with people I directly know. Maybe they're out there, I just don't know any of them. I think that is an untrue stereotype at best. So is the whole Lezbaru/Outback thing btw. Every OB owner I know is a Mom, or Family man, or a younger outdoorsey-type that's into Hiking, camping, Snowboarding etc.

For the record The Outback will most likely be the next vehicle I buy.

umm, i'm an obs owner. never felt or read anything bad about us. the central valley folks welcomed me with open arms so i don't see it. all the young whipper snappers help me keep young anyway ! a real hoot at times.

george

Actually, I had a 97 Outback Sport for 8.5 years before I bought my LGT. In fact, I can't think of any current Legacy drivers that used to own a WRX, at least in my own personal experience with people I directly know. Maybe they're out there, I just don't know any of them. I think that is an untrue stereotype at best. So is the whole Lezbaru/Outback thing btw. Every OB owner I know is a Mom, or Family man, or a younger outdoorsey-type that's into Hiking, camping, Snowboarding etc.

I've got both, an '05 WRX and '05 Legacy GT Limited. I'm sure there's others.

haha, let me change that for you. I'm not a mom, I don't have kids yet, and I've never been hiking or camping (and only skiing a couple times). I bought mine because I could drive offroad, fast and comfortably with one car and still have a huge amount of cargo space AND have a great looking car all at the same time. Honestly, I have yet to find a better compromise of all the major genres of cars you would want to buy at any point in car building.

Guys, there's always going to be exceptions, I was just speaking from personal experience about people I actually know in real life (i.e. not on a message board).

So to rephrase:

In real life I don't know any Lesbians that drive Outbacks, they are all moms or "outdoorsey" dudes

I don't personally know anyone that just bought a Legacy that came from a WRX. They either had a Forester, or and Outback, or some other brand of vehicle other than Subaru before they bought their Legacy.

All I'm saying is that the notion that "all of us Legacy drivers" are ex-teen STI WRX street racers that have "grown up" is completely stupid and false.

I think people tend to buy a Subaru more now because they look and drive better than ever before. This means also former German car owners like myself might be tempted. If our next car would be a Subie? Our goal is to drive a car until the wheels fall off, which means we'll see what happens in 2020, 2023 or so.

I enjoy being a member of this board and I own a '06 2.5Ii OBW. Some of the engine performance mods don't apply but transmission, suspension, and brake up-grades do. Thanks for the information and inspiration.

Comments meant to be amusing or ironic may cause dismay if taken seriously.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived