LegacyGT.com

Help! From PA, buying in NJ - Title, Tags, license $$$?

NEPA

I'm from Notheast PA and will be picking up my new LGT in NJ on Monday 5/15. :) Does anyone know what I should be paying NJ in Temporary tags / license for an out-of-state registration. The "sales agreement" the dealer sent me included about $250 in FEES, for title?, temp tags?, "NJ VIN plate etching:iam: " above the negotiated price. This doesn't sound right? My understanding is I only need temp tags to get back to PA.

I hate the feeling that I'm getting screwed. The dealer mentioned a courier service cost or something for getting tags through the dealer and said I could go through the MCV or something.

I've already googled this & couldn't get an answer.

Please Help!

Town Motors

Do they actually send a courier to DMV to wait in line or something? If so, that's a lot different than PA. Maybe we're not as backward as I thought. (except for our ridiculous beer & liquor laws):rolleyes:

Thanks for info.

I got mine at Somerset, and all I did was pay $20 for a NJ Non Resident 20 day tag until i could get to a notary in Scranton that would issue me a PA title, collect the sales tax and transfer my tag. Hope you didn't get ripped! Enjoy the new purchase.

I got mine at Somerset, and all I did was pay $20 for a NJ Non Resident 20 day tag until i could get to a notary in Scranton that would issue me a PA title, collect the sales tax and transfer my tag. Hope you didn't get ripped! Enjoy the new purchase.

+1 - $20 - $30 and a 20 day non resident tag. Take care of it in your home state, and pay the man his tax.

the etching is a major RIP OFF. Don' t do it. You can do it yourself with a $10 kit from Walmart, It really doesn't buy you anything.

Archived