LegacyGT.com

2005 lgt

Im was looking at legacys awhile back but since my recent car is no more, I was wondering how long do the turbos usually last? I have my eye on 2 lgt both auto both in at the 100k mark.

Here are the links to them. Thank you

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=296423865&dealer_id=1339223&car_year=2005&doors=&systime=&position=top&model=LEGACY&search_lang=en&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=200&min_price=&rdm=1306280849371&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2007&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=GREENVILLE-SPART-ASHEVILLE_ASH&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&address=28806&color=&sort_type=priceASC&max_price=&make=SUB&num_records=100&seller_type=b&cardist=84&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=299421898&dealer_id=97926&car_year=2005&doors=&systime=&position=top&model=LEGACY&search_lang=en&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=200&min_price=&rdm=1306280849371&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2007&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=GREENVILLE-SPART-ASHEVILLE_ASH&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&address=28806&color=&sort_type=priceASC&max_price=&make=SUB&num_records=100&seller_type=b&cardist=211&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Around 100k-120k, with wide variability. Some die at less than 60k, some people are still on their stock turbo at 150k+.

That's probably not the answer you wanted to hear. If you're planning on modding the car anyway, a preventive turbo replacement is not a bad idea. Do a search for "banjo bolt" and you'll see a lot of turbo failure issues.

The main thing with turbo cars is to be aware of the signs of turbo failure. It usually starts with an excessive whine as the turbo spins down or an increase in oil consumption. If you experience loss of power issues, the turbo is completely blown and should not be driven further (get it towed).

Archived