LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright im being kinda lazy here but i have an 05 lgt 5eat with a stock airbox w/aem filter and i just ordered a catless uppipe and a cobb ap v2. Im runnin 93 oct whats my best option for stage 1 tune? Just use the stage 1 thats on the AP already ?

Yep, just Stage 1 93, the uppipe won't do enough to make Stage 2 worth it.

Ron

Hey everyone, I know it’s a noob question…

I want to get a COBB AP for 08 Legacy SpecB it has 50K on it.

Do I need to get any mods to run Stage 1? The reason I ask it’s a bone stock car that some old fart was using it as a winter car. The only mod it has is HKS bov(non recirculating one been on a car for about 3.5 weeks) and partly broken intake. It’s not my car but in the same time I don’t want to wreck my wife’s car.

1.I was thinking of doing COBB AP Stage 1 93 octane!?! In Chicago Octane 93 is always available.

2.Also, when ECU is flashed; car is in “S” mode or “I” mode, does it make a difference?

3. After flash do “I”, “S” and “S#” still work? “S#” will it be the fastest one still even though car was flashed in “I” or “S” mode?

4. In Chicago we have to do Emissions every 2 years. It’s done my Emissions Facility workers plugging in OBD2 connecter and reading from it. Will AP Stage 1 effect this?

Thank for your help

First, welcome to the forum!

Stage 1 requires no mods to your car. I would get your intake fixed ASAP as it will throw off your MAF readings (not good for our turbo charged cars). Make sure you keep the intake stock. The BOV can cause you to run temporarily lean during shifts, not really beneficial. A full recirculating BPV would be a better option. It doesn't matter what mode setting you are in when you flash. You can run the 93 OTS map or, get a custom tune or etune from myself or another tuning vendor on the site (will be trailored to your car and will yield a better driving experience). You can un-marry your AP before emissions testing if you'd like. This will put the stock map back on your car, then marry it after you're done. PM if you're interested in a custom stage 1 etune. Thanks.

Logan.

I just bought a 2005 LGT wagon. The car has a aftermarket catted downpipe with the bung plugged. I guess my real question is, the previous owner removed the EGT probe and plugged the up pipe but there is no resistor in the pigtail connector-will this create an issue with and AP with a stage 2 91 oct tune? I have no CEL now, which leads me to believe that it has been tuned. This car is a dog down low but I don't want to lose the current tune if it needs to be returned to it.

I also have a perrin pulley, turbo inlet, and afe filter in stock airbox

I just bought a 2005 LGT wagon. The car has a aftermarket catted downpipe with the bung plugged. I guess my real question is, the previous owner removed the EGT probe and plugged the up pipe but there is no resistor in the pigtail connector-will this create an issue with and AP with a stage 2 91 oct tune? I have no CEL now, which leads me to believe that it has been tuned. This car is a dog down low but I don't want to lose the current tune if it needs to be returned to it.

I also have a perrin pulley, turbo inlet, and afe filter in stock airbox

The AP takes care of disabling the EGT codes. You probably are just running the OTS map, which is free from Cobb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I know it’s a noob question…

I . .....

2. ....

3. ...

4. In Chicago we have to do Emissions every 2 years. It’s done my Emissions Facility workers plugging in OBD2 connecter and reading from it. Will AP Stage 1 effect this?

Thank for your help

Its the same here in Maryland - inspected every 2 years using the OBDII port. My OBXT passes fine with Stage 1 installed because it isn't throwing any malfunction codes. If your "Check Engine" lamp isn't acting up, the car will pass an OBDII test.

Don't know how it would work out in a place where they measure tail pipe emissions.

• 3 months later...

Im looking for an accessport for my 03 legacy gt spec. b, but cant seem to find anything out there. I assume the ap for the 05 legacy will work in mine as theyre the same gen? But i cant seem to find any info on the forums or anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Im looking for an accessport for my 03 legacy gt spec. b, but cant seem to find anything out there. I assume the ap for the 05 legacy will work in mine as theyre the same gen? But i cant seem to find any info on the forums or anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Where are you located? Our Accessports currently only support the 2005-2012 USDM Legacy GT.

Marshall@COBB

HI All,

Just got an Cobb AP and sooo excited aaand I cannot for the life of me find the test connectors. I have pulled back the carpet on the passenger side footwell and looked under the glove box but cannot see any green connectors.

Any advice would be welcome. I'm a relative newby at this - I tried looking/searching through this forum but did not find anything (or am not using search properly).

Thanks!

So, turns out that with the newer 2010 + Legacy's anyway, there are no test connectors. You plug the AP directly into the ODBC and it saves the ECU Config and then you apply the appropriate map.

• 1 year later...

I just bought an '05 LGT Wagon w/ 5MT and am embarking on my first foray into tuning.

The car came with an existing 'mystery' Ecutek tune supposedly done by Topspeed in Atlanta GA. I went ahead and bought a Cobb APv3 and am ready for the next step. My plan is to go the e-tune route.

My first question is if the Cobb APv3 will store the current Ecutek map when I first hook it up. The manual mentions that is stores the factory map but in my case will this now be the Ecutek map? Thanks!

I just bought an '05 LGT Wagon w/ 5MT and am embarking on my first foray into tuning.

The car came with an existing 'mystery' Ecutek tune supposedly done by Topspeed in Atlanta GA. I went ahead and bought a Cobb APv3 and am ready for the next step. My plan is to go the e-tune route.

My first question is if the Cobb APv3 will store the current Ecutek map when I first hook it up. The manual mentions that is stores the factory map but in my case will this now be the Ecutek map? Thanks!

No it will not. You already had an EcuTek license, all you needed was a Delicious FF kit and a new tune. Less expensive (by about $1000) than the route you are now taking. Plus, no Cobb support for your vehicle.

Vote for sticky.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, I saw a similar question asked at the beginning of this thread but I haven't been able to find an up-to-date answer to this(briefly looking on my phone). Has anyone tested to see if the Cobb access port improves fuel economy on a stock LGT using the eco map?

Welcome to the forum.

The economy maps will not save enough fuel to cover the cost of the AP. Not even close. Maybe 2mpg better. If you bought a turbo Subaru looking for good MPG, you bought the wrong car.

Want better gas mileage? Take the turbo out. AFR, air fuel ratio... decrease the amount of air, decrease the amount of fuel, decrease the amount of power. Now you have a Honda.

Hey guys, I saw a similar question asked at the beginning of this thread but I haven't been able to find an up-to-date answer to this(briefly looking on my phone). Has anyone tested to see if the Cobb access port improves fuel economy on a stock LGT using the eco map?

Cobb will increase mpg but it also takes a light foot on the throttle.

A few years back, my 09 Spec B on Cobb stage 1 got over 32mpg following a buddy who was towing his 5th wheel camper on the highway for a 3.5 hour drive. I had the car in I drive most of the time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 5 years later...

I'm a first time Subaru owner and new to the world of tuning. I'm super excited to learn about these cars and begin mods on my new girl. I knkw nothing, so I ask every 2.5lgt owner I see, sti as well. Everyone is quick to share.

So I stage 3 clutch

Perrin intake

A chrome looking computer box under the hood on pass side

BC coilovers

Cobb sway bars

I'm looking to make some mods within the month. New intake and tune. What do you suggest?496495c309bc2304df8bb814ee14b1ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk