LegacyGT.com

225 40R18 + Rota G-Tarmac

bmononana

Sorry for the "noob" question - I'd like to upgrade my rim (have the cheap 18" the dealer put on it now - don't like them) but the tread on the tires is in great shape - so, can I run the tires I have now, 225 40R18 (Kumho Ecsta AST) - will those work with the Rota Tarmac 3's, (18x8).

Definitely....

Great wheels those Tarmacs!!! Let me know where you are buying them and for how much...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I was looking at wheeldude.com - is there a better deal around? I'm not 100% tied to the Rota's, I just really like the look and I think they are a pretty good deal for the money...

good choice and size barrett. what color are you gonna go with?

something darker than what i have now - either charcoal grey or hyper black - leaning towards the hyber blacks since they have more dark tones in them and will actually shine up when clean....

thoughts?

yeah i'm always fan of darker wheels haha. i wonder how they would look on your DGM. have you gone through the aftermarket wheel thread?

not quite yet - but peeling through that and the official DGM threads are definitely on my list.

kind of out of the topic but i was thinking about running these wheels too... not sure if i would be rubbing with cobb springs without rolling fenders.. sorry to steal your thread.. =) oh yeah same tire size too

I was looking at wheeldude.com - is there a better deal around? I'm not 100% tied to the Rota's, I just really like the look and I think they are a pretty good deal for the money...

Check this guy out:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=MT188548500MG&wheelMake=TRMotorsport&wheelModel=MT1&wheelFinish=Matte+Grey&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+STI&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=true&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i have RE01R 235/40/18 on hyperblack 18x8 tarmac 3. have them for 2 weeks and i love em. hyperblack looks amazing with dgm! sorry i dont have any pics right now but there are plenty on here with same setup. btw, i have no rubbing with 235 so you will be fine with 225.

Thanks for the tip, but those looks more expensive than the Tarmac 3's at wheel dude - am I missing something?

I do like the color of those rims a lot though.

They are more expensive, but if you are buying tires as well (tirerack offers free mounting and balancing) plus they don't charge for Shipping, Wheelsdude does...

A set of Tarmac 3's plus lugs, etc will cost you at the door ~ 810... Plus 15-20 dollars per new tire you will mount on those... You are actually not looking at a huge difference at all...

Just a thought you know...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i paid $725 shipped for my tarmacs with muteki lugs from oakos.com

Long time ago?

725 now plus shipping plus lugs...

And most of their stock is gone...

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ROTT3tn.gif Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Steel Grey

Code: ROTT3188_5100SG

Price: $725.00

In Stock!

Quantity in Basket: none

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ROTT3CGtn.gif Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Charcoal Grey

Code: ROTT3188_5100CG

In Stock!

Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Full Royal Sports Bronze

Code: ROTT3188_5100FRSB

Sold Out! - Please E-mail Us For Availability

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ROTT3GMtn.gif Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Gunmetallic

Code: ROTT3188_5100GM

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ROTT3GOLDtn.gif Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Gold

Code: ROTT3188_5100G

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ROTT3HBtn.gif Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Hyper Black

Code: ROTT3188_5100HBLK

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ROTT3HStn.gif Rota Tarmac 3 Wheels (18x8", 5x100), Hyper Silver

Code: ROTT3188_5100HS

In Stock!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i got the rota tarmac 3s 18x8 today for $750 (free shipping). in gun metallic. they are on backorder for hyperblack fyi...he said that it would be 1-3 weeks (at most) before they get a new shipment in. oh this is from wheeldude.com.

gun metallic is suppose to be darker than the hyper black, so that solidified my buy. i want something dark and not too shiny.

lugs were $35, just say you're on the forums.

also got some Hankook Ventus S1 evo in 225/40 for these. they had a blowout on tirerack and couldn't pass it up. lol.

will give a review once they arrive and have them on.

i got the rota tarmac 3s 18x8 today for $750 (free shipping). in gun metallic. they are on backorder for hyperblack fyi...he said that it would be 1-3 weeks (at most) before they get a new shipment in. oh this is from wheeldude.com.

gun metallic is suppose to be darker than the hyper black, so that solidified my buy. i want something dark and not too shiny.

sounds about right. wheeldude told me 3 weeks ago they'd be 4-6 weeks. they sold their last set the day i called! i snatched some up from oakos, and for cheaper.

if you want darker you will be happier with gunmetal. hyperblacks still shine a good bit when clean.

camera phone pic

(just sprayed the tire shine, no flaming)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/wfriel/newrims1.jpg

sounds about right. wheeldude told me 3 weeks ago they'd be 4-6 weeks. they sold their last set the day i called! i snatched some up from oakos, and for cheaper.

if you want darker you will be happier with gunmetal. hyperblacks still shine a good bit when clean.

camera pic

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/wfriel/newrims1.jpg

They look HOT dude....

Thanks for sharing that pic with us....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

camera phone pic

Those do look really nice, they have my thinking it over again though since I didn't realize they have so much curve to the spokes - i like more of a straight spoke...I'm also now considering charcoal grey, since they might be a little more subtle....oh i dunno...

Maybe I'll wait until I see mrjk77's in person - so let me know when you get them on!

Those do look really nice, they have my thinking it over again though since I didn't realize they have so much curve to the spokes - i like more of a straight spoke...I'm also now considering charcoal grey, since they might be a little more subtle....oh i dunno...

Maybe I'll wait until I see mrjk77's in person - so let me know when you get them on!

haha yeah, i feel your pain. honestly i've been searching/looking for wheels for the past year. :eek: in the end, you just gotta pull the trigger and be happy with your purchase. ya know. i wanted somewhat of a "meaner" look to the lgt, so i went with the gun metal. hyper black still looks sweet and so does the charcoal gray. maybe if my lgt was white or something i'd go with hyper silver. so...many...choices...

i'll let you know when i throw these babies on. the tarmac 3s and summer rubber are being shipped out now.

haha yeah, i feel your pain. honestly i've been searching/looking for wheels for the past year. :eek: in the end, you just gotta pull the trigger and be happy with your purchase. ya know. i wanted somewhat of a "meaner" look to the lgt, so i went with the gun metal. hyper black still looks sweet and so does the charcoal gray. maybe if my lgt was white or something i'd go with hyper silver. so...many...choices...

i'll let you know when i throw these babies on. the tarmac 3s and summer rubber are being shipped out now.

You said it all pal....

Good summation!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived