LegacyGT.com

Killer Deal on Amazon.com for a random orbital kit

$199 marked down to $120 for Griots Garage random orbital buffer kit (includes 2 pads, speed shine, clay bar, and other nice to haves). I've never seen this on sale before and this is a great price. I went ahead and finally ordered one.

I just saved myself $80 by procrastinating. Yay me!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-11605STDCRD-Machine-Polish/dp/B003V3XBCM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310419036&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Griot's Garage 11605STDCRD 6" Machine Polish and Wax Kit: Automotive[/ame]

Here's a link for you lazy bastards. Jeez - I'm in the middle of work, earning the bacon, paying the bills, and you guys want a link while i'm off saving you your own hard earned dough. You can't take 13.2 seconds to type in www.amazon.com and then in the search field griots garage kit or anything therein, since it's the very first thing that pops up.

:)

When I get it and find time, I'll do before and after pics of my 3 cars after I wash, dry, clay bar, polish, seal (with klasse sealant glaze), and then finish with a coat of griots liquid wax (for shine). I think that'll give me the 6 months of protection I want with ~1 month of awesome shine and depth.

I'll be able to do all a super deep blue (porsche boxster), metallic white (legacy), and metallic brown/gray (civic SI from 2006, somewhat weathered).

What? No link?

edit:

$199 marked down to $120 for Griots Garage random orbital buffer kit (includes 2 pads, speed shine, clay bar, and other nice to haves). I've never seen this on sale before and this is a great price. I went ahead and finally ordered one.

I just saved myself $80 by procrastinating. Yay me!

Amazon.com: Griot's Garage 11605STDCRD 6" Machine Polish and Wax Kit: Automotive

Here's a link for you lazy bastards. Jeez - I'm in the middle of work, earning the bacon, paying the bills, and you guys want a link while i'm off saving you your own hard earned dough. You can't take 13.2 seconds to type in www.amazon.com and then in the search field griots garage kit or anything therein, since it's the very first thing that pops up.

:)

I dunno, man... Your defense of working hard for the bacon kind of goes out the window when you spend an extra minute or two explaining how you don't have time to post the link. ;) Just sayin...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah, that is a smoking deal. I'd totally recommend you jump on this if you don't have a polisher. The Griot's polisher is dang near the same thing as the Porter Cable 7424 and will get you the same results. I've used it side by side with the PC at SEMA and it really is a nice machine. If you don't have a polisher and need something to take care of the paint, then get this now before you lose out! The best price you are going to find on a PC 7424 is $120 shipped without anything extra, so this is a ridiculously good deal. Griot's won't offer this for very long, so get it now before they realize what they are doing. lol

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah, I've watched griots for over a year on their website, on amazon, and on autogeek. I've never seen this kit below $190, and that wasn't with free shipping. So $200 with free shipping was always the standard.

The polisher was always about $130-140 on it's own.

I consider the clay and shine worth $20 easy, the wax and machine polish to be worth maybe $20 if it's any good (I think it is based on reviews, but not phenomenal).

And the 2 pads are worth about $10 as well.

So I'm looking at this and seeing about $50 in product alone, + the polisher, + free shipping.

I am super excited to get this thing going on my boxster (deep blue, swirl marks galore, and just desperately needs a deep enrichening) and my Civic SI (107k miles and full brunt of sun and winter, never had anything but Klasse AIO polishing it and crappy paint to begin with).

From what I read, the Griot's is just a rebanded PC. If I didn't already have the kit, I would

have jumped on it already. Yes, I did contemplate getting another kit.

That's what people say, but I can promise you it isn't true. It is imported from a Chinese manufacturer and is made for Griot's. Porter Cable does not private label their tools. It works just like the PC 7424 does, but so does the Meguiar's polisher and half a dozen other clones. ;) Many of them have plastic gears and other design differences from the PC we know and love. None of them have the durability of the Porter Cable though, so I recommend people stick with what is proven. I've used the Griot's polisher side by side with the PC and have done polishing demonstrations with both of them at SEMA and can definitely say it is a solid machine. If you are going to buy a PC clone, then Meguiar's and Griot's definitely make a couple of the best.

OCDETAILS BLOG

OCD - I've read pretty solid things about it and I believe that this generation also has a bunch of improvements over earlier years. I BELIEVE it has metal gears, an upgraded motor (higher output), and better counterweighting.

To others - I doubt you could run this off any normal car-inverter. IIRC, it goes up to 7 amps. I don't know of a car inverter that does more than 3 amps and I think that's peak...

I've never read anything bad about this machine. To my knowledge it is a very solid tool and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Typically the PC is a better deal through CostalTool.com, so that is why I recommend the PC so often. However, in a situation like this I think one would be a fool not to jump on this deal if they are in the market for a polisher. Even if they aren't, this is the kind of kit they could easily resell after the deal is gone if they wanted to make a couple bucks.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived