LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I will definitely buy this when it's ready. :wub: I'll even take a week off work so I don't have to wait for the core exchange. :lol:

What am I missing about your comment? How does a week off of work relate to not having to wait for the core exchange?

What am I missing about your comment? How does a week off of work relate to not having to wait for the core exchange?

Because I won't need my car to get to work,so it can sit for a week. If you don't have to wait for the core exchange, he can work on my VB right away. That's how it works right, or am I missing something?

ermmmm...climberD..hows the 08 VB gg ?

I have resolved to not release any more details until I am ready to release the product. Otherwise I'll never hear the end of people wanting updates on the most trivial advances in development. That alone would take many hours to keep up with, which is time better spent in the garage :)

Because I won't need my car to get to work,so it can sit for a week. If you don't have to wait for the core exchange, he can work on my VB right away. That's how it works right, or am I missing something?

That would be fine, except the wait on an F1 core is always just a few days. If you do decide you want to send me your valve body for an upgrade, please let me know in advance so I can send you a prepared Hex shipping box, which will allow you to drop-in the valve body, and then we can both be assured it will not get damaged in shipping. The hex shipping box alleviates all pressure points, so solenoid caps and wire joints do not get pressed upon.

Dave, do you still plan on keeping the F1 going for years to come? I still want to do this but business has been terrible and life isn't treating me so good right now.

I'm just getting started :) I am disillusioned about the world of management consulting (my prior career endeavor), and despite my time in business school, I am strangely at peace working on cars. I'd say take your time, never rush modifying a car.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Have you made any progress on your own rebuild kit?

A top notch rebuild kit may be coming to market in the not-too-distant future. But that's not a guarantee or a promise, so if it is released, it will be released when it is released :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would post my initial review here for exposure reasons. I installed the transgo shift kit in my 06 outback h6 this last weekend. I have now logged just over 100 miles and this mod is in a word... AMAZING! THE shift response is crisp and responsive. The downshifting is a real hoot too. The tcu is still learning so some hiccups as described by others here is prevalent for me as well. The 4_5 shift in sport during low throttle is still wonky but man what a difference. I was not happy that subaru paired such an efficient engine with such an inefficient transmission, but turns out it's just the shoddy shift behavior that is the issue.

I want to give major props to climber and others whom pioneered this endeavour (lt.columbo, frankster, koukis14 to name a few, sorry if I missed anyone else). The ez30d was a joy to drive before but now has gone to extraordinary. The strength of the h6 is the flat torque curve and now the trans can keep up. Combined with my suspension swap out she is now truly a highway cruiser.

I can't recommend this mod enough. Even if you are stock don't hesitate on this. Well worth the money. Give climber a buzz... Do it.

^ well its not ineffecient its because if subaru sold the car with the trans that setting to old people or crazy people they would complain about the harshness.

it seems subaru did every effort to make the 5 eat feel as much like a cvt as possible.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 1 month later...

Chiming in one last time to say that the VB is fully in sync with the TCU now and still love this mod to no end. The sport mode teaching finally settled down and really brings the H6 to life on the freeway and has become the default setting for me. The upshifts are seemless. Manual mode is also really responsive and frankly a lot of fun when I am feeling a bit more spirited.

If your still on the fence about this mod, it's time to get off and get 'er done.

so I take it Dave is still moving on this endeavor? I've been away from this game for a while (and unfortunately also away from the car for a while :( ) but that is coming to an end so I'm starting to round up some ideas. I'm very glad to see I didn't miss the boat for this option

the only question I have is regarding dan04103's post. He said he installed a transgo kit (albeit for his H6)... is this different than the HexMods? I remember talk of the transgo stuff a while back but just making sure I didn't miss a big change...

A couple members have done their own Transgo kit install for the 05, and I posted a walkthrough showing how to do it. Checkout my vendor sale page for details on the F1 VB.

I just got a Cayenne Turbo S out of my garage, it needed work. Now at the hospital with my girlfriend. If it's not one thing, it's another.

• 1 month later...
How does this respond to downshifts? Right now I have a G35s, which is the best auto I have driven. Crisp, rev-matched downshifts and equally smooth upshifts. Downshifts are great on exit ramps, so much fun. A video would be spectacular. Great engineering work in this thread.

How does this respond to downshifts? Right now I have a G35s, which is the best auto I have driven. Crisp, rev-matched downshifts and equally smooth upshifts. Downshifts are great on exit ramps, so much fun. A video would be spectacular. Great engineering work in this thread.

If it's a 2008 or earlier G35, it can be made better with a VB upgrade, and I'll have rebuild kits available for it down the road as well.