LegacyGT.com

Lower Turbo Oil Line

Guys,

Could do with a quick bit of help, sent my turbo off for rebuild with the vaccum lines and the lower oil line attached and they didn't come back with it.

I can get the vaccum lines made up at NAPA pretty easily if I take the turbo in.

I do however need to know the exact lenth of the lower oil line, as I know its very important.

So, anyone have the turbo lying around? I know they are only 10 bucks at the dealer but the nearest is 45 mins away - compared to Napa being 5.

Any help would be appreciated.

About 4".

The vacuum hose had a boost pill in it, you need that.

Check with Fred Beans and see if they can get you what you need.

Also pull the studs out of the up pipe and use bolts that hold the up pipe bracket to the engine to hold the turbo to the up pipe. Makes installing the turbo with oil line 10X easier.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4782.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Forgive my noobness, but what is a boost pill? All that was on there previously was the plastic t connecting the three tubes - I have from after the t onwards, does the t section have something special? Good shout on the up studs, will purchase some while at napa.

I figured it out, although the 1st stealership couldn't find the pill or tubes, said they must only come with the turbo. I know that's not the case cause they have them at Fred's. trying local dealer tomorrow, would be nice to get this sucka back in, along with a new inlet, alt belt and 2 front wheel bearings. It's been an expensive car so far.

• I Donated
I do however need to know the exact lenth of the lower oil line, as I know its very important.

You're talking about the rubber hose, right?

If so, yeah, no you don't need to know the exact length.

The one on my 05 was stiff and cracked to hell when I did my engine swap in it. I went to a local auto parts place, found a hose the looked like it was the right diameter, and cut it so it was about an inch longer than the old one. Never had a problem due to that extra inch.

Archived