LegacyGT.com

19mm rear sway bar install

Guest rayms69

I have a noob question.

Right now I have all the parts ready and I have a 3/8" normal wrench without torque reading

Does it necessary to tighten the clamp at the specific torque (14mm Endlink 24.3lb/ft

12mm Clamp 28.0lb/ft) or I can just simply tighten them without readings? thanks.

Edited by lyh_chnxm

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need urgent help; tried I install 20mm sway bar; went to go torque the bolts after hand tightening and right at 20ft ibs it just started going down. Bolt is stripped. Can't get it out. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well had to cut the bolt off; wasn't coming off as it was just spinning in the socket. Completely stripped it. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/20/88efee460f644364f8cda3b49a3d37af.jpg

Ended up using a thicker bold and threading a nut on the pack side to secure it torquing it down to 28 ft ibs.

WOW...you really went to town on that bolt my friend. Looks way more than a hand tighten and torqued to 20. In the end, glad to see you improvised and got it done. No harm...no foul.

Well that bolt specifically my friend did. The ones I did went in find. I think the bolt was just in at an angle as the bolts were only hand tightened and torqued after that. As we started torquing it was below the posted 28 ft ibs so definitely wasn't over tightened when that happened.

Yeah you and me both.... Now I wonder though after doing sin reading is just threading a bolt through the hole even though it wasn't fully threaded in and placing a nut on the other side then torquing down gonna be good enough or do I need to thread the hole again and weld on a back piece?

Yeah you and me both.... Now I wonder though after doing sin reading is just threading a bolt through the hole even though it wasn't fully threaded in and placing a nut on the other side then torquing down gonna be good enough or do I need to thread the hole again and weld on a back piece?

I say it's enough as it is now. I stripped one of the bolt too. I actually posted a thread about it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/crossthreaded-bolt-while-doing-rsb-swap-239297.html?t=239297&highlight=cross+thread

I don't know what's happening in the thread but mine doesn't lock on and keeps spinning even with the nut. so I tightened as much as I can with the wrench holding the bolt in place and then called it done. Since then I haven't had any issues, but I still do check underneth sometimes to see if the bolt has came lose but it's been holding in place so far.

If you want extra secure feeling, you can get a blue thread locker paste ,blue meaning removable, and put some of it on the bolt.

• 3 weeks later...

It makes the car not as roll as much..So in the Snow figure the ride will feel more planted but the rear might feel like it wants to slide out.. I've driven in the snow but not trying to rally in the stuff, So either way you look at it the AWD will pull you through it..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I install my 20mm Bar today...it was the easiest swap i ever did...easier than even oil change. I dont know if it make big difference but will take to work tomorrow and see on freeway...car is new so it was easy to remove bolts and torque them back.

• 2 weeks later...
no need with a 20mm bar and especially if you have not gone with coilovers/wider tires and planning track days.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek