LegacyGT.com

Help!-lost A/c Belt Locking Bolt!

Today I decided to install my lightweight pulley. After a painful morning I finally got out the pulley and installed the new one. (I have an auto) Then I threw on the A/C belt and begun fastening the tension bolt. After that was done I went to tighten the A/C belt locking bolt and it must have been way to lose cause it fell down. I tried looking for it under the car, in the plastic tray under the engine, I even used to hose maybe to spray some water on top of the plastic tray to get it out!! It is no where to be found. I searched my work area in the garage tons of times. My arms are cut from jamming them down there hoping to find the bolt. Now my car is useless and just chilling there. Do I go to the dealer and ask for a new bolt? I'm sure they are going to ask why I need it! WHAT DO I DO?

Lol, the parts department won't ask WHY customer's need parts.. If it's not lodged on your engine somewhere (maybe it never fell far enough to hit the underpanel or the ground?) then I would just get a new one.

Thats the thing thought, I'm not to sure if its near the fans or under the cat? And if I leave it where it is (where ever they may be), how do I know if it is safe where it is and won't cause future problems?

Archived