LegacyGT.com

Struts/shocks. Good quality OME replacement.

Powerman

I have tried to search, but mostly come across replacements geared for a performance mod. What I am looking for is a good quality replacement for a ride improvement. I have noticed my OMEs at 48K are pretty worn. I want a quality replacement that will provide an improved ride, not necessarily improved performance.

If I am not looking to lower, or stiffen my ride. Do I need to replace springs as well? I see how some people are seeking Spec. B rides with the pink springs. It is time for a replacement and don't mind paying for the good stuff to improve my factory ride. I have a 05' LGT sedan. thanks

Pretty much any other option will be stiffer.

If you want to maintain stock ride and handling characteristics, replace your struts with stock KYB's and be done with it. Your springs are fine.

There are tons of aftermarket options but they are all targeted at those that want lowering/stiffening etc.

If you are not inclined to modify the car, for the love of God, don't start!:lol:

My $0.02

Pretty much any other option will be stiffer.

If you want to maintain stock ride and handling characteristics, replace your struts with stock KYB's and be done with it. Your springs are fine.

There are tons of aftermarket options but they are all targeted at those that want lowering/stiffening etc.

If you are not inclined to modify the car, for the love of God, don't start!:lol:

My $0.02

I have a Jeep. My modifying budget is already maxed!;)

If a Bilstiens, or others are going to be stiffer, are there any that are resonable? I mean, I don't mind if the ride is a little tighter, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't after a performance upgrade. New shocks will be tighter just because mine are worn.

I just traded another 05 for this one. That one was on 40 series and I'm positive it had stock suspension. However, that car was a scalpel compared to this one.

I have a Jeep. My modifying budget is already maxed!;)

If a Bilstiens, or others are going to be stiffer, are there any that are resonable? I mean, I don't mind if the ride is a little tighter, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't after a performance upgrade. New shocks will be tighter just because mine are worn.

I just traded another 05 for this one. That one was on 40 series and I'm positive it had stock suspension. However, that car was a scalpel compared to this one.

Why not stock KYB's? Have you shopped around for those? The only other option that is "reasonable" is the Bilstein HD. However then you need Spec B tophats for the front, and you will probably need to replace springs as well to get the car level.

I'd just go stock in your case, if all you want is the new car ride back.

If you want to go another, lower, stiffer direction, then Bilstein HD, JDM tophats, and Pinks is a decent call, it'll set you back ~$1000. Otherwise I'd say KW coilovers, but that's ~$1500.

Your call, you hvav plenty of choices...

I looked up those KYBs too and found dealers in my town if I do that. I saw some other shock used on this forum too. I will have to look into those Bilstien HDs too. I'm not stuck on Bilstiens, just know they make good shocks and they make some good one for my Jeep too.

You can buy some JDM GT takeoffs with the stock JDM springs. Won't noticeably lower your car. Unfortunately, they will improve your handling significantly.

And how do I go about doing that.

Archived