LegacyGT.com

Wheel Spacers?

Kw521

Ive been searching for wheels for my car and decided that the wheels i have now are going to be fine. I would rather make the car faster first then invest in some wheels. The only problems is the wheels sit a little under the fender instead of being more flush. Ive seen things about wheel spacers to push the wheels out so they will fit bigger brakes and stuff. If i decided to go with some wheel spacers for my car would it be bad for it? Or is it a safe thing to do?

How much more offset do you need?

I honestly don't know how much more of an offset I need. I'm not a wheel guy really so I have no idea. I know the car is lowered about 1 in on cobb springs and I'm running the stock LGT wheels with 225/45/17 tires. I just want to get a more flush look with the fender if possible. Without damaging the heck out of my car just to make it look better. i.e. wheel bearings going out really fast.

I'm running Tokico's with H&R springs that lower the car about 1 1/4", and I used the 15mm H&R spacers only on the rear - moved the rears out so they match the front perfectly. 225/45's on stock wheels. Installation was a pain - had to remove brake disc to fit longer studs, but it's the right way to go.

Just run the spacers that have studs on one side and they just bolt on to your stock pattern, that way you don't have to pull the hubs to install studs. Just make sure the spacers are hubcentric..we run 20mm spacer on a time attack car and they work perfect.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Not to bring this from the dead but can somebody answer that last question. I'm about to throw on stockers but I don't want it to look stupidly un-flush n would 15mm be cool and would no spacer be best for winter conditions?

Archived