LegacyGT.com

Heated Seat Malfunction

Hey, I've searched through the forums trying to figure out what to do with my problem, but most of the posts about this have old links that dont work so well anymore. My 05 LGT has heated seats of course, and the other day i was riding in the passenger seat and realized that the heated seat actually gets really nice and toasty, i thought my driver side was just slow or something, now I know it just doesnt work at all. I recently bought the car so I didnt know any better. My question is: is there a way to repair the heater element wires or do i have to just buy the whole new piece from Subaru? I was reading that the way the seat is designed it actually cuts the wires over time, so i am assuming that is what has happened. I just want my heated seat cuz it is freaking cold in Colorado right now! lol

If you want to be selfish, I'm sure you can be creative and swap heating elements from the Pass seat to the Driver seat!

Haha, thats an epic idea right there. But then my girlfriend would complain because she really likes the heated seats. I'd rather skip hearing about that every time she gets in the car, lol.

Haha, thats an epic idea right there. But then my girlfriend would complain because she really likes the heated seats. I'd rather skip hearing about that every time she gets in the car, lol.

You should disconnect the wiring to the seat, and when she complains, tell her that the lights on, and she's going crazy...to test her out.

Once she gets accustomed, and has not lopped your balls up yet, then do the switch.

Otherwise, if she comes running with a #2 blade, quickly plug her seat back in. :lol:

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

my driver seat gets very warm when the heated seat is activated. even if i only turn in on the 1st setting, it gets to warm.

is this normal?

these are the cloth seats.

I've got cloth too, and my seats get plenty warm on the 1st setting. I rarely turn it up past that.

• 2 weeks later...
I would buy the element off you for sure. Let me know when you do anything.

Where abouts are you... how much do you wanna pay for the element (s) ? PM me some details.. got pm's about the seats.. but no money ever came my way... so it's sitting in the closet. Going to have to clean it up sooner than later :)

Archived