LegacyGT.com

Logging?

RdiggA

im currently having an issue with some black smoke coming out of my exhaust at WOT, i dont have a tactrix cable(need the tactrix 2.0 to log since i have an 07) so i was wondering if anyone near the palisades center mall or suffern or somewhere around there could help me to do a few logs so i could have them checked out to see if they tell anything. Thanks

-Rob

stop scaring the guy. I doubt that at stg II.

I've seen it on several customers/friends (at least 5 or so cases) cars that were bone stock.

So it's not at all out of the question.

-mike

Interesting, is your bumper coated in oil? The dealers usually will start with a replacement turbo, often times it's the seals in the turbo and oil is blowing past them. I'd look into geting a compression/leakdown test done as that will pinpoint a ring/piston issue. On my car, they found 100psi in the bad piston v. 165psi in the other pistons. Had a ringland cracked out and was pushing oil past it and burning it out the exhaust.

In the end they covered it under warranty, I'm not sure how modified your car is but if you do a compression test and find it to be low in a cylinder, I'd return it to stock and find a dealer to do a piston job if it's under warranty.

-mike

thanks for your advice mike, im just running stage 2. Did you notice any power loss when this happened?

Nothing drastic at all in terms of power loss. Mostly it was the dirty, dropped dipstick that was most annoying. That and on a white car having a black bumper showed real bad.

Not saying it is your problem, but it's something to check out. Shoot me a PM if you want some more details.

-mike

Archived