LegacyGT.com

why wont u.s. have same type of commericials?

i know this has been brought up, but why are the overseas legacy commercials much better than the lame u.s. ones? i dont get it...from bruce willis to j lo, at least the foreign commercials attempt to market with creativity.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=StbIguIpTGc&feature=related]YouTube - One of the most amazing ads for subaru[/ame]

just like the sti, the u.s. gets everything else last....

I don't like the commercial but I certainly give them an 'A' for effort. Best SOA commercial I have scene so far is the Forester Heaven commercial. SOA is very shy about talking about performance but they have the reliability and symmetrical AWD talk down to a science.

Has there ever been an STI commercial here in the USA? Post it if its available i'd love to see it :)

I don't like the commercial but I certainly give them an 'A' for effort. Best SOA commercial I have scene so far is the Forester Heaven commercial. SOA is very shy about talking about performance but they have the reliability and symmetrical AWD talk down to a science.

Has there ever been an STI commercial here in the USA? Post it if its available i'd love to see it :)

It's been posted on the News & Rumors forum before. I couldn't find it on a quick search on youtube, so I pulled it off the Subaru site. That's the long version, I've seen a shorter version of this commercial several times on National TV (mostly Versus). IMHO, it's a great commercial.

edit: I found it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdldqUQYto]YouTube - Subaru Rally Team and new STI compilation[/ame]

this commercial must be for the country where drugs are legal (Sweden/Netherlands anyone)?

Not much legality of drugs here in Sweden...

But the penalties for drug possession is a joke...

As for the commercial - I would say Israel - of all places, but I may be wrong. And sharks? It's probably only there due to the "because I can" factor in today's computer generated graphics.

453747.png

It's been posted on the News & Rumors forum before. I couldn't find it on a quick search on youtube, so I pulled it off the Subaru site. That's the long version, I've seen a shorter version of this commercial several times on National TV (mostly Versus). IMHO, it's a great commercial.

edit: I found it:

Now that is an awesome commercial, I especially like the x games "no fear" STi that flipped and kept on going (IIRC, that was Travis Pastrana)

Now that is an awesome commercial, I especially like the x games "no fear" STi that flipped and kept on going (IIRC, that was Travis Pastrana)

I'm pretty sure that was Colin McRae. The Travis Pastrana crash totaled his car.

And that is by far my favorite Subaru ad of all time. My 4 y.o. son made me play it back 6 times when we saw it on Versus during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

The reason that ad wouldn't work in the US is that 99.9% of viewers would just say "What the hell was that?"

I thought it was cool, but I'm hardly anyone's target demographic.

i know this has been brought up, but why are the overseas legacy commercials much better than the lame u.s. ones? i dont get it...from bruce willis to j lo, at least the foreign commercials attempt to market with creativity.

YouTube - One of the most amazing ads for subaru

just like the sti, the u.s. gets everything else last....

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

sorry to make my self unclear, i wasn't referring directly to this commercial per se but in general the legacy/liberty foreign commercials are much more creative.

i personally like the shark commercial but can see how it doesnt make too much sense market speaking wise...

my fav legacy commercial ever:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ejacm5JWpHU&feature=related]YouTube - Subaru Legacy Splash Commercial[/ame]

cool forester commerical:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=eyV27rkY-IU&feature=related]YouTube - Roads - LGBT Subaru Commercial[/ame]

creative and hip tribeca commerical:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=5BrHCflgtm8&feature=related]YouTube - Subaru Commercial for Logo - "Opposites Attract"[/ame]

bottom line is the marketing could be a helluva lot better...i bought my 05 gt limited from playing gran turismo and eying the back of the magazine add that said "faster than a porsche..."

I just saw a new commercial for the Impreza yesterday. Can't find it on youtube yet.

A guy is walking down the street to his Impreza hatchback and he deposits a couple of quarters into the parking meter of the STI parked behind his car, just as a meter maid is about to ticket the STI. Then the narrator says something about bloodlines or brotherhood I think.

Anyways, I'm actually happy Subaru doesn't advertise the GT in the US. Otherwise I think they'd be all over the place like G35s and 3 Series. I like the feeling of exclusivity.

I just saw a new commercial for the Impreza yesterday. Can't find it on youtube yet.

A guy is walking down the street to his Impreza hatchback and he deposits a couple of quarters into the parking meter of the STI parked behind his car, just as a meter maid is about to ticket the STI. Then the narrator says something about bloodlines or brotherhood I think.

Anyways, I'm actually happy Subaru doesn't advertise the GT in the US. Otherwise I think they'd be all over the place like G35s and 3 Series. I like the feeling of exclusivity.

found it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXCaB10E3w&feature=related]YouTube - Funny Subaru Impreza Parking Meter Commercial[/ame]

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

...I like the feeling of exclusivity...

exclusivity is great but without a good market, subaru cannot at least profit and invest into their excellent brand.

there are some people that i personally know that have moved on into different careers (working for subaru prior) because of lack of subaru sales.

Yep...

I just don't get the whole "Love - it's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru." It makes no sense to me.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I think their new "Love" campaign is trying to depict the passion that subaru owners have for their cars. For some reason though, I'm not digging it. When I think STI, the last words on my mind are love. STI = POWER, PRECISION, CONFIDENCE... not Love.

Speaking of love and passion in a car commercial... I LOVE this one (I may be partial cause I just got one haha)

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=r9_YqiILEFo]YouTube - Volvo C30 Cosmic White Commercial[/ame]

Archived