LegacyGT.com

07 LGT Oil Leak

Just Recently I noticed when sitting at lights and when stopped my car has a burnt oil smell. I popped the hood and there looks like the is oil dripped on under the turbo on the car all the way by the down pipe and cat and it looks like its on a suspension component as well. My car is fairly new what do you think the problem is. I'm only at 5K miles.

Ok Guys Just got back from the dealer. It turns out it was the oil return line from the turbocharger somewhere towards the bottom of the motor. The dealer ordered the part for me. they said it was cracked and that is why it was leaking. any other 07's have this problem

I have an '05, an auto, and no leak, but I still care. Probably just a bad part or a ham-fisted assembly (someone called in sick that day and the fill-in person installed yours). Don't sweat it.
It is still ugly.

• 1 month later...
I just saw this thread. My car is at wentworth in portland for the SECOND time for this repair. The oil line is cracked at one of the mounting brackets. I was without the car for 2 weeks last time, and I just took it in again today. I'm wondering what the pipe was connected to that is loose and caused it to fatigue and subsequently crack. I had it repaired 3 weeks ago!

I just saw this thread. My car is at wentworth in portland for the SECOND time for this repair. The oil line is cracked at one of the mounting brackets. I was without the car for 2 weeks last time, and I just took it in again today. I'm wondering what the pipe was connected to that is loose and caused it to fatigue and subsequently crack. I had it repaired 3 weeks ago!

The pipe that was loose was soem sort of anrrow hard oil return line that was on the bottom side of the turbo. It took them 2 days to fix it at subaru they did a great job over at metric FTW:cool:!!. i still have yet to know the exact cause of the reason for the failure but the line was a narrow metal pipe with o ring type flanges for connections in the middle of it very odd looking. but oil was leakign form that onto my manifolds and smoking.

• 2 years later...
FYI: just had the same failure in my 08 Outback Wagon; unfortunately, while on a long distance road trip, had no previous oil leak, result is a blown turbo. terrible. i'm looking for related recalls, bc this can't be normal wear and tear...blown turbo?! safety issue for sure.

Archived