LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy info

Spinjockey

Hot off of NASIOC... (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1009668)

Looks like no 5MT wagaon again...

[/u]]

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif US MY2007 Legacy GT Limited Standard Equipment

Subaru has published some additional information about the non-spec.B Legacy GT:

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited and 2.5 GT spec.B Standard Equipment

Things new for the MY2007 models are shown in red: Quote:

2007 Subaru Legacy® 2.5 GT Limited and 2.5 GT spec.B

Standard Equipment

Legacy 2.5 GT Limited

Performance

• 2.5-liter DOHC, turbocharged/intercooled 4-cylinder Boxer engine with SI-DRIVE featuring three driver-selectable performance modes (Intelligent, Sport, Sport Sharp): 243 horsepower, 241 lb.-ft. torque
  • 5-speed reinforced manual transmission (NA 2.5 GT Limited wagon)
  • 5-speed automatic transmission (opt. 2.5 GT Limited Sedan; std. wagon) with SPORTSHIFT and Variable Torque Distribution (VTD) All-Wheel Drive
  • 17 x 7-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (new design for 2007)
  • Power-assisted 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes
  • Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (with viscous coupling locking center differential on manualtransmission models)
  • Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) with 5-speed automatic transmission and optional navigation system

Safety & Security

• 3-point seatbelts for all five seat positions (height-adjustable on front seats with electrically triggered pretensioners and force limiters)
  • 4-channel / 4-sensor Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
  • 5-mph impact-absorbing bumpers
  • Active front seat head restraints
  • Child safety rear door locks
  • Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
  • Subaru Advanced Frontal Air Bag system with dual-stage deployment driver and passenger front air bags, front seat side impact air bags and side curtain air bags (SRS)*
  • Headrests for all rear seating positions (height-adjustable for outboard positions)
  • Internal trunk release with self-illuminating handle (sedan)
  • Rear seat LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) uniform child restraint anchorage system
  • Remote keyless entry and security system with engine immobilizer – sedan with remote trunk release and wagon with remote gate unlocking
  • Ring Frame Reinforced body structure with front and rear crumple zones
  • Safety brake pedal system
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Design & Functional/Exterior

• 4-beam multi reflector halogen headlights
  • Aerodynamic side ground effects, body color
  • Aluminum alloy hood
  • Aluminum alloy rear gate (wagon)
  • Body color dual foldable exterior power mirrors with integrated turn signals
  • Body-color body side molding
  • Body-color door handles
  • Body-color dual foldable exterior power mirrors
  • Functional hood scoop (supplies air to intercooler)
  • In-glass antenna
  • Rear gate spoiler (wagon)
  • Roof rails, low-profile with black finish (wagon)
  • Underbody cover

Design & Functional/Interior

• 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback with rear center armrest (new for sedan, with trunk pass-through)
  • Aluminum front door sill plate covers
  • Aluminum rear gate sill plate cover (wagon)
  • Cargo area light with gate switch (wagon)
  • Cargo/trunk area grocery bag hooks
  • Carpeted rear cargo area and rear seatback (wagon)
  • Rear quarter storage pockets with lids (wagon)
  • Remote fuel filler door release
  • Remote trunk release with cancel feature (sedan)
  • Retractable cargo area cover (wagon)
  • Titanium metallic interior trim with woodgrain patterned insert

Comfort & Convenience

• 12-volt center console power outlet
  • 24-hour Roadside Assistance for three-years/36,000-miles (whichever comes first)
  • 4-stage heated front seats
  • 8-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support
  • 4-way power passenger seat with lumbar support
  • 120-watt AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, SRS® WOW technology, MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) CD playback, six speakers and auxiliary audio jack
  • Air filtration system
  • Automatic climate control, dual-zone
  • Carpeted floormats
  • Cruise control
  • Cupholders – dual front in console; dual retractable in rear
  • Digital outside temperature gauge (integrated into trip computer)
  • Digital trip odometer
  • Dome light with off-delay
  • Driver and front passenger illuminated visor vanity mirrors with lids
  • Electroluminescent instrumentation
  • Front door courtesy lights
  • Front passenger seatback pocket
  • Headlights auto-off with ignition switch
  • Heated exterior mirrors
  • Illuminated ignition switch ring with off-delay
  • Leather-trimmed upholstery
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel, parking brake handle and shift handle
  • Map lights
  • Performance-design front seats
  • Power door locks
  • Power exterior mirrors
  • Power moonroof (single-panel for sedan, dual-panel panoramic for wagon)
  • Power windows with driver’s auto down and illuminated switches
  • Pre-wired for auto-dimming rear view compass mirror
  • Pre-wired for remote starting (automatic transmission only)
  • Pre-wired for XM Satellite Radio
  • Projector-beam halogen fog lights
  • Rear window wiper and washer (wagon)
  • Rear window wiper de-icer (wagon)
  • SPORTSHIFT controls integrated on steering wheel (with 5-speed automatic transmission)
  • Sun visor extenders
  • Tilt-adjustable steering column
  • Trip computer
  • Trunk light (sedan)
  • Valet trunk lock cylinder (sedan)
  • Variable intermittent windshield wipers
  • Windshield shade band
  • Windshield wiper de-icer

Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B adds or substitutes over Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan

• 6-speed manual transmission
  • 18 x 7 alloy wheels
  • 215/45 R18 89Y Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer performance tires
  • 3-spoke MOMO® leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls
  • Aerodynamic side ground effects molding with chrome trim
  • Aluminum-alloy pedal covers including footrest
  • Bilstein Sport Suspension with inverted front struts and aluminum suspension components
  • Charcoal Gray leather-trimmed upholstery with Dusk Blue Alcantara® inserts
  • Memory feature for 8-way power driver’s seat
  • spec.B floormats
  • Subaru Navigation System
  • TORSEN limited-slip rear differential
  • Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)

Here's a picture of the new wheel design for the MY2007 Legacy GT Limited:

http://i4.tinypic.com/10eoopv.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of quick things.

First, Mostly good, and mostly what I expected. "limited" now more befits the trim line. Limited from getting some of the common sense things that the Spec B gets.

No Memory for seats in non-spec B. STUPID. Why should I have to buy nav for that? Will we be lucky enough to be able to add the seat side panel with the additional switches and thus add the memory function to a regular GT? Is this somehow some clerical error like saying the 05 non-limited GT had no Auto Climate Control, when it really did? That is a feature I was really looking forward to. I hate fiddling with seats, and my wife does drive the vehicles once in a while.

Torsen Rear LSD... Another thing that you have to buy the spec B for... My miata has one. I like it. Why not standard?

Wheels. GT wheels look like ass, pardon my expression. Spec B wheels look much better, but are too narrow for common and better rubber. Thanks but no thanks. Anybody know if the dealer will buy the crap wheels AND crap tires back? Anyone here like those that might want to buy some in a few months? So that I can buy some decent rolling stock?

COLORS. FOR PETE'S SAKE WHAT ARE THE COLORS? are there interior color restrictions, and are they as stupid as the 06s? I read Nasioc rumblings of "Newport Blue Pearl" as a new color for Tribecas, replacing Atlantic Blue Pearl... I can ass-u-me that it applies to the Legacy/OB, too, since I doubt SIA is going to be changing their paint lineup that often.

Anybody have any word on what Newport Blue Pearl looks like? Will it get black or taupe interior?

The rumors say two new colors... is Diamond Gray Metallic (07 Spec B) the other one, or is there another new one we haven't heard of yet?

No mention yet of whether the Spec B is Diamond Gray only, or if there will be additional color options...

Price... what kind of price are we looking at here for LGT and Spec B? Same as last year? Lower? Higher?

I really want to like th 07 Spec B. Mandatory NAV, and it's price hike, and what very well might be a serious paint and interior color restriction may break that.

I DO want a sport sedan, and Subaru makes the Spec B out to be that sport sedan. I should be head over heels for that car, but I am not for mainly those two reasons.

BTW, did we piss off Jon from CT somehow that he is posting this on NASIOC before he posts it HERE? THIS is LegacyGT.com, after all... Sorry to Jon if that was the case.

Guest *Jedimaster*
+1 wheels don't look sporty, they look like OB wheels.

They look almost identical to my stockers- I hate putting them on for the winter.

Looks like the 07 wheels will be heavier than the 05-06's. Besides having 6 spokes instead of 5 they look kinda chunky. I'm hopin demand for 05-06 take-offs will go up a bit.

LegacyGT Sport wagon is no longer MIA, it's DOA. Welcome to grocery hauler land for Legacy wagons.

Is the titanium trim actualy "plastic" or did they upgrade material?

Still no center armrest for wagon back seat, unless you buy OB LLBean or some strange thing?

No Memory for seats in non-spec B. STUPID. Why should I have to buy nav for that? Will we be lucky enough to be able to add the seat side panel with the additional switches and thus add the memory function to a regular GT? Is this somehow some clerical error like saying the 05 non-limited GT had no Auto Climate Control, when it really did? That is a feature I was really looking forward to. I hate fiddling with seats, and my wife does drive the vehicles once in a while.

Looks like it's built into the seat...

The wheels will have TPMS sensors in them so who knows how much the spare transmitters will be since they've got unique IDs but sounds like something you need to go to a dealer for.

C: ADJUSTMENT

Re-register the transmitter ID when transmitter has

been replaced or tires have been rotated. <Ref. to

TPM(diag)-10, REGISTER TRANSMITTER (ID),

OPERATION, Subaru Select Monitor.>

Sounds like a PTA for tire rotations... (Note that I think only the H6 models had TPMS in 05)

Is the titanium trim actually "plastic" or did they upgrade material?

I'm guessing it's the same plastic we've got now. Check out the radio shot, trim looks identical to what we've got now.

I can't wait to see the Radio/AC unit, if we're lucky they separated out the AC controls... How long before replacement parts are available?

bspec-seat-mem.jpg.36daf64d798bb62a768d4db200cf9442.jpg

bspec-radio.jpg.42763909baf5417d35ee54a37fc0563b.jpg

bspec-auxin.jpg.044ba2e632da149dd70f9ee46e0f32f7.jpg

Built into the seat how?

The pic you attached, which I have seen previously, looks like the side trim panel on the driver's side seat. It looks the same as the regular Legacy GT power seat, aside from the three memory buttons.

That part has to come off somehow. whether the memory module is there, or in the Body Control Unit, I wonder if that seat side panel is swappable to an LGT, to get memory seats.

I am still holding out an ounce of hope that SOA is wrong. Like they were with the 05 ACC on non-limited GT issue. But an ounce of hope isn't much.

A couple of quick things.

First, Mostly good, and mostly what I expected. "limited" now more befits the trim line. Limited from getting some of the common sense things that the Spec B gets.

Torsen Rear LSD... Another thing that you have to buy the spec B for... My miata has one. I like it. Why not standard?

Wheels. GT wheels look like ass, pardon my expression. Spec B wheels look much better, but are too narrow for common and better rubber. Thanks but no thanks. Anybody know if the dealer will buy the crap wheels AND crap tires back? Anyone here like those that might want to buy some in a few months? So that I can buy some decent rolling stock?

COLORS. FOR PETE'S SAKE WHAT ARE THE COLORS? are there interior color restrictions, and are they as stupid as the 06s? I read Nasioc rumblings of "Newport Blue Pearl" as a new color for Tribecas, replacing Atlantic Blue Pearl... I can ass-u-me that it applies to the Legacy/OB, too, since I doubt SIA is going to be changing their paint lineup that often.

Anybody have any word on what Newport Blue Pearl looks like? Will it get black or taupe interior?

The rumors say two new colors... is Diamond Gray Metallic (07 Spec B) the other one, or is there another new one we haven't heard of yet?

No mention yet of whether the Spec B is Diamond Gray only, or if there will be additional color options...

Price... what kind of price are we looking at here for LGT and Spec B? Same as last year? Lower? Higher?

I really want to like th 07 Spec B. Mandatory NAV, and it's price hike, and what very well might be a serious paint and interior color restriction may break that.

I DO want a sport sedan, and Subaru makes the Spec B out to be that sport sedan. I should be head over heels for that car, but I am not for mainly those two reasons.

BTW, did we piss off Jon from CT somehow that he is posting this on NASIOC before he posts it HERE? THIS is LegacyGT.com, after all... Sorry to Jon if that was the case.

"A couple of quick things" Not trying to knock you, but that was likely the longest post in this thread other then the first one.

I couldn't resist after seeing the other thread.

I hope the new radio is backwards compatible with 05 and 06 models....cuz lord know some of us would pay to get the functionality and retain the factory look...dont fux0r it up for us 05/06 owners soa!!!

IWSS makes a good point, I mean, how many people that buy 6spd vehicles need memory on their seat? I'd say the buyer of a six speed is generally A. Pretty anal about their car or B. Unlikely to purchase a 6spd or Manual period, especially if the "better half" was going to drive the car, even somewhat...not that women can't prefer manual trannys, but I think it's highly unlikely the majority of women would choose a manual.

That does seem pretty short sighted. I'm sure it will be standard equip. on the next MY.

THANK YOU!! bhbob is the member of the day! Welcome to LegacyGT.com.

Hell of a first post!

http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/images/TCOL

Colors from left to right:

Harvest Gold Metallic

Titanium Silver Metallic

Diamond Gray Metallic

Newport Blue Pearl

Obsidian Black Pearl

Reported colors for B9 Tribeca in the UK for 2007. As we know, the Tribeca is built in the SIA plant, along with the US Legacy line. Not a huge leap to figure that Newport Blue Pearl will be applied to the Legacy, as well.

The color looks much richer in hue than Atlantic Blue Pearl, but not as brash a WR Blue. A bit more dignified maybe.

The pic below may be Newport, but it also could be a past promo shot of Atlantic blue... it looks a little grey, but perhaps the digital color swatch isn't representative of physical paint on a curved surface in the sunlight...

http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/images/Tribeca11

The wheels will have TPMS sensors in them so who knows how much the spare transmitters will be since they've got unique IDs but sounds like something you need to go to a dealer for.

C: ADJUSTMENT

Re-register the transmitter ID when transmitter has

been replaced or tires have been rotated. <Ref. to

TPM(diag)-10, REGISTER TRANSMITTER (ID),

OPERATION, Subaru Select Monitor.>

Sounds like a PTA for tire rotations... (Note that I think only the H6 models had TPMS in 05)

This bothers me. I don't really have any experience with TPMS systems in any car, so maybe someone that does can help. Can this system be disabled? It's a nice feature and all, but if I have to take the car to the dealer just to do a tire rotation, then I don't want it. What if I decide to get different rims with snow tires for the winter? Do I have to have the sensors installed on those rims and have them registered by the dealer as well? I can't imagine that the use of this system is mandatory with so many people who get aftermarket rims and tires and wouldn't dare let anyone at a dealer touch them.

If the Subaru Select Monitor is the only way to reset the orientation of the wheel sensors... That SUCKS.

One can only hope that there is a shortcut.

Thanks Auto Industry for engineering us out of doing even simple maintenance on our own cars.

Maybe AccessPORT will get a feature to reset and relearn those wheel sensors. That would make COBB some money!

Archived