LegacyGT.com

Which button works our heated mirrors?

bdisco

Match the etched icon with the associated button on your dashboard.

Thanks. But why not a separate button? Maybe over by the window switches? Other cars I've owned do that. Maybe the rear window doesn't need defoging just the mirrors.:icon_conf

Thanks. But why not a separate button?
Dont you have enough buttons on the dash already?

Man, I was thinking "WTF?" when I test drove the Acura TL. Looks like friggen Houston launch control on the center stack. Sorry.....I'm stepping off the soap box now.

Dont you have enough buttons on the dash already?

Just one more, there are some blanks down by the heated wiper button. Don't want the BMW i-Drive but sometimes...

the rear window doesn't need defoging just the mirrors.:icon_conf

Maybe the rear window doesn't need defoging just the mirrors.:icon_conf

So what? So then your rear window doesnt get defogged but the mirrors do. What's the diff?

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

RTFM much?

Yes I have cracked the binding. Heated mirror button was not something I committed to memory. Heated mirrors are not needed that often was just looking to use them today just thought there would be a button dedicated to that function. The wiring is already there, one more button would not add that much cost and there are blanks by the heated wipers. And now I’m off the soapbox.:icon_neut

My dealer told me it was the front defrost button that activated them, so shows how much they know...

But more importantly, does anyone actually need/want/use this feature? Even living in New Hampshire where I very frequently use the window defrosters, I've never seen my outside mirrors need it...

But more importantly, does anyone actually need/want/use this feature? Even living in New Hampshire where I very frequently use the window defrosters, I've never seen my outside mirrors need it...

i never used the mirror defrosters on my SVX - the mirrors just never got frosty or ice covered. :icon_conf

the heated wipers will be nice, however. :icon_bigg

...If you look in the outboard corner of your side mirror you will see the rear defroster icon etched in the glass. Match the etched icon with the associated button on your dashboard.

Pays to read the manual... since you won't be able to see the icon on the mirror when you need to defrost it!

Of course, we're assuming the manual is right, and you wont have to get Manuel to clean off the mirror.... he doesnt like the cold.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I used the heated mirrors once a few weeks ago. They didn't have ice on them, but they had a layer of mist on them and I couldnt' see. Not a big deal. I don't need heated mirrors. Actually, my A4 would turn on the heated mirrors automatically if outside temp was below 32. They were on ALL winter. I thought that to be a waste actually. It was nice not to have to turn them on though. I would rather have headlight washers over heated mirrors, especially living in Vermont, but this car doesn't have them, oh well. The heated wipers seem to be a nice feature.

I needed mine tonight. Snowed enough to cover cars and signs and anything out in the air. but not the ground. All my windows were coverd in icy snow. Mirrors too. Actually, the mirrors were the first things to defrost.

I also use the defroster to dry the mirrors after washing for easier cleaning.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived