LegacyGT.com

Loud whistling help

Alright guys, I need a help again.

I started getting this loud whistling sound from the passenger side of my engine bay. At least that is where I think I am coming from. This has happened when I put my car back to stock from stage 2 + ewg + grimmspeed up pipe etc etc. In the process, I broke a bolt off the turbo so I had to re tap the turbo flange. I also had to take off part of the header to put in the stock up pipe. These are the things that I checked.

1) first guess, the connection between the bpv and intercooler was leaking. Indeed it was missing the gasket so I put one in. No go

2) Could have been the IC to the intake manifold. I checked. No go

3) Tried replacing the IC itself. No go

4) Last thing I tried was putting a gasket in between the Turbo and the Intercooler. No go

I am totally stumped and have no idea what it could be. I am pretty sure it is a boost leak because it is more of a high pitched sound rather than the throaty sound of an exhaust leak. Also the sound starts coming around 4-5 psi. And one final thing, when I do hit boost, I feel the car bogging, probably because of an extremely high fuel mixture. Anyone care to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

Just had this happen a few weeks ago. A friend pointed out a leak in the pipe leading to the intercooler. Took it to the dealer and the mechanic showed me the seal inside is the issue as it popped out. Check this out.

I'm thinking with the few problems you have had so far one of the issues you checked for is still an issue. Problems 1-4 that you listed should be rechecked for leaks. I guess my question to you is, how do you really know those fixes you listed really fixed anything?

I had the same sound had to re torque turbo to IC bolts and no more high pitched noise . I also had leak in the throttle body hose another time as lgtgirl06 has suggested above, when I hit any kind of boost the car bogged down I replaced mine with the AVO hose.

I guess the throttle body hose could be an issue. I haven't checked that yet. Thanks for the help so far guys. I really hope its the throttle body hose and not the up pipe because that is a really REALLY BIG PITA

Get a spray bottle with water and alot of dish soap. Spray the areas of interest while the car is running see if any bubbles appear might narrow things down. Check the other end of the uppipe as well not just the turbo side (gasket)

Archived