LegacyGT.com

My fat friend broke my seat

So I was up in the mountains this past weekend playing some paintball. One night I was showing off the new whip to some of my buddies and one of them got in the front seat and we ended up bullshitting for about ten minutes. I started the car w/ him in it and of course the seatbelt chime came on. I asked him to buckle up and w/ that the chime went off. The next day as I was leaving the chime kicked back on, w/ no on sitting in the seat and the only way I can get it to stay off is if I leave the passenger seatbelt buckled. Now let me stress...my buddy if FAT...I'm talking 350 maybe 400lbs+. Could he have crushed some sensor? I guess I will just do the seatbelt mod on the passenger side but I am curious as to what would cause this problem.

Thanks for sharing. Good to know. I guess you'll have to upgrade to 2010+ if you want to continue to be friends with the guy ;)

But seriously I thought the sensor there was some sort of gel-filled bag that triggers on the pressure of the the gel. It's possible that got damaged/ripped if too much pressure was applied to it. Check it - it may leak if this the case.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

We have the original Tribeca (07) and seats are MORE sporty than in 2010+ Legacy/Outback. So NO, that won't do. :lol:

Wasn't the user manual for BP/BL saying "No fat chicks" ? Oh wait, it might have been some T-shirts... :lol::lol::lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I don't think he broke anything. My dumbass brother disconnected his seatbelt while I was driving and then lifted himself up off the passenger seat trying to make the chime stop. Well, after that, the chime would go off with no one in the seat. I had to buckle the seatbelt to make it stop for the drive home.

It persisted through a few key on-off cycles and I think I ended up quieting it by doing the 20-click chime delete procedure. I have never had the problem surface again.

It is still ugly.

Archived