LegacyGT.com

Leather scratch/cut Help!!

Ahh man I just scratch the front passenger seat and it looks like a cut but it’s a scratch. Does anyone know of any leather repair kits available for taup interior, which would prevent the cut from getting any bigger in the future?:confused: Do not want to resort to any seat covers. Will post pic later on today.

A good auto upholstery shop should be able to take the seat cover off the seat, remove the damaged "panel" and sew in a replacement one and match the leather perfectly. Note...I said a good shop. It ain't the end of the world. Anything can be fixed...it just costs. Good luck. And be careful with sharp stuff in the car...we all learn this the hard way...mine was a screwdriver in the back pocket when I was 19.
It is still ugly.

There are a vareity of kits to repair scratches, scrapes and even cuts in leather upholstery. When our leather living room furniture arrived there were a few scrapes form the transportation from Italy. The store sent out a tech who used some type of color filler that was dabbed on and used a heat gun to set.

I just did a quick search and found a promising site for repair products:

http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/google_index.htm

Good luck, and it shouldn't require an extensive "sew in" repair.

Perhaps an auto trim shop might have such a reoair kit and do it for you for a small charge.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived