• Cobb catted downpipe
  • STI uppipe
  • VF52
  • Tuning Alliance ECU tune
  • DW65C pump
  • Agency Power rails
  • Newish OEM injectors
  • BP TMIC
  • Freshly rebuilt, stock spec long block.

At the most, in the life of the clutch, I would do the following:

Cat back or mid & Y with muffler delete

Some sort of TMIC

Would this be enough? OR should I go for a higher torque rating?

Southbend Stage 2 Street.

No pucks, no unsprung shit. This clutch is going on a factory WRX SMFW, and the car is my DD.

I got this from VirtualDyno, so I don't know how accurate it is. I'm guessing a bit on the high side. When the car is back together I'll get an actual dyno tune.

VF52%2520Pull%25206.jpg

I cannot say enough for my FX-300. It's super light, linear, does not chatter one tiny bit....and it holds like no other I've used. I've suffered with a Spec, an ACT HD SS (worst clutch I ever had in any car), an Exedy and the OE.

Lots of mixed reviews on them but mine is amazing. The biggest concern I have is longevity. The jury is still out on this. I got no more than 25k on any clutch except the OE.

But it's so nice if I get 30k from it I'll go with another.

I currently have the Competition Clutch 2100 and I love it. But I don't know if it's available without the lightweight flywheel, which I despise. The clutch slips nice and holds well, but the gear chatter due to the LWFW makes me want to stab a koala bear.

I had a stage 1, chattered like crazy, didn't hold well on hard launches, it was slipping in 4th and 5th by 20,000 miles.

Like I said, clutch reviews and experiences on here are all over the map. I say stick with what you've had good luck with. Comp must make something to fit a stock flywheel.

Stab koalas lol.

And they're cute right?

It should fit a SMFW, but Infamous doesn't sell it without. I'll shoot him an email and check.

No experiences with the Southbend clutch on a Subie? I've got one on my Z32 and love it, but never tried it in a Subie. I have a connection who can get me a great price on it, but if it's underrated for my torque levels, I'll have to pass.

Paul is back! Nice to see you man.

The FX-300 you put in my car has about 55K on it at this point. It chatterred a bit on accel first 5-10K, now it is quiet. Like it a lot. WRX SMFW and CM FX-300, on stage 2 with BNR16G for all life time of this clutch.

As you said, I will happily go with another one when time comes.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Paul is back! Nice to see you man.

The FX-300 you put in my car has about 55K on it at this point. It chatterred a bit on accel first 5-10K, now it is quiet. Like it a lot. WRX SMFW and CM FX-300, on stage 2 with BNR16G for all life time of this clutch.

As you said, I will happily go with another one when time comes.

Nice to see you too!

Remember my ACT remorse when I did your FX300?

Remember my ACT remorse when I did your FX300?

I sure do :) I felt bad as if I was the one who talked you into ACT. :lol: The FX-300 is so smooth - last night I was teaching my 15 years old to drive for the first time and he didn't stall it even once. Such a smooth clutch - I am glad you are using it too now.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I am building a similar setup and plan on going Exedy Stage 1 (part #15804). I won't be done for another week or 2 tho.

I have similar power levels and went with the Exedy 15804 after a very poor experience with the FX350. The Exedy is awesome! Great (albeit slightly on the heavy side) clutch feel, good modulation, and most importantly, zero chatter. I've got a few thousand miles on it and it's doing great.

I think 321hp is a bit high for your mods, but I could be wrong. I have used south bend clutches in my cars for around 15 years. Great clutches with great customer service. Smooth engagement, and nice pedal feel. I wont ever use anything else. My car is 95% daily driven, with some fun getting on the highway kinda thing. I currently have the stg2 endurance with SMFW

Archived