LegacyGT.com

Advice on which LGT to buy??

GEE-OTTO

Ok I have narrowed it down to two Legacy GTs:

1. 2009 QSM LGT with 71K located at Russel Scion in MD they are asking $14977.00

Car has some flaws:

-breached headlight assemblies due to DIY HID install by previous owner (condensation is moderate)

-Pet hair that would need a finer tooth comb than what the dealer used to remove during the initial detailing

-Magnaflow exhaust (not a flaw but annoyance)

-low profile tire (again not a flow but not correct)

Mechanically it is solid the interior/exterior is in great shape and the it comes with a 2000 mile/30 day warranty

Engine cover is missing the pop rivets and the HID wiring is route all about the front end.

I would replace both headlamp assemblies, shed the magnaflow and put on a set of 225/45/17 tires to replace the low pros.

2009 OBP LGT 81K miles located at Mastro Subaru in FL asking $15495.00

I havent seen this in person but the dealer has provided good pictures. Carfax 1 owner and the maintenance is per my standards. All documented by the dealer and Carfax. Its OBP which is near and dear to me and is clean no mods, interior is great.

The flag is that in order to test it out I need to fly down to FL if it checks out ill auto train it back to VA.

So 3 owners in a short time span with mods that ive driven with 71K miles or 1 owner super clean Carfax and well documented maintenance w/ 81K miles and take a chance?

• Moderators

The second one. The first one sounds like it was owned by a fool--lots of evidence that they didn't really care about doing things properly.

For the second one in FL, find someone local down there just to look it over for you. Get a compression test done and if it all checks out fly down there and drive it back.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Is that dealer Tampa or Orlando, I am right smack dab between both. I wouldn't mind doing a test drive, unfortunately i have never owned a turbo (working on that now) but if you just need someone to put eyes on it and/or take some real pics I would be willing.

I have dealt with Mastro for service in Tampa before the facility seems to be top notch, fwiw.

Decided to you need more power, huh?!?! :)

Sounds like #2 is the best choice, you could also give laz a PM and find out if he's close enough to the dealership, he's down in Florida.

MUST HAVE POWAAAAAAARRRR!

I just sold my 2.5i today :( Ill miss the old girl but she is going to a good home and the Legacy im buying is an exact replica just has this annoying woooooSh noise ;)

Old car:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/2008/20131118_160525_zps57a2913f.jpg

New Car:

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/images/2013/11/21/358/640/34748361291.358640985.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Archived