LegacyGT.com

Want to install amp/woofers.

Cody480

So I'm trying to research about this with my 2007 lgt. I have the auto ac system and the6 disc changer, i really don't desire to change the head unit so how to i get the two audio cables that transfer the frequencies to the amp? Are they already in the back of the unit?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to link that up, it's like $500.00, supposedly it takes almost 5 months to get to you also. A place here in Utah called Car Concepts offered to create a custom dash when I was looking into a LGT.

• 4 weeks later...
if you dont want to get a head unit you could get a hi/low converter that switches speaker wires to rca cables so you can add an amp. you will still need a amp wiring kit for the amp also. keep in mind as i always say you stereo is only as good as your weakest component.

^ ^^ ^ This, it has been posted a bunch of times, even by myself. RCA convertor will get you signal out of the rear speakers to an amp. Use power wires from your stereo to turn on the amp. Not a competition setup, but it'll do if you just want to add a little more bass.

• 2 weeks later...

My input on the converter...

I bought the Audio Control LCQ-1 and was not impressed. I ran a sub amp and an amp for the speakers off of it and got basically nothing from my subs which I know can hit very hard. I'm in the process of just installing a single DIN in the cubby as silly as that will look. So if you go the converter route, I suggest you stay away from the Audio Control unit.

Archived