LegacyGT.com

Buying my wife her first Subie!

HipsterDoofus

OB for sure dude, much better ride than the forester and holds practically as much.

If you can find a limited with the nice options, it's a cushy ride.

My in laws have one near the same vintage (mind you its the H6) and its a great car.

OB for sure dude, much better ride than the forester and holds practically as much.

If you can find a limited with the nice options, it's a cushy ride.

My in laws have one near the same vintage (mind you its the H6) and its a great car.

There WAS one, but has since been sold. theres a REALLY nice forester 2.5xt

i really want it. i cant show pitures theyre on some kind of flash thing. its weird, cant even link

but its a sweet ******* vehicle, it looks like

Yes, it will. As it has colour matched body and better rims and tires. Likely fogs in the bumper, and a sweet sunroof.

If you can swing it, and have no issues getting 20mpg, that is the car I'd go for too.

Unless you don't want to go the turbo route and prefer n.a. then I'd go for an Outback.

Buying cars is fun! Keep us posted!!

Yes, it will. As it has colour matched body and better rims and tires. Likely fogs in the bumper, and a sweet sunroof.

If you can swing it, and have no issues getting 20mpg, that is the car I'd go for too.

Unless you don't want to go the turbo route and prefer n.a. then I'd go for an Outback.

Buying cars is fun! Keep us posted!!

Gonna go take a look at it in a couple weeks when our mortgage goes through finally. Hopefully its still there. Im not gonna get excited about a particular car yet though until i have the money in hand and ready to buy

oh sweet.

it looked ******* nice as hell.

It certainly is.

Buddy of mine was considering one for his wife. I told him she'd get hounded by ball bustin lesbos.

He decided on an 08 WRX. :lol:

It certainly is.

Buddy of mine was considering one for his wife. I told him she'd get hounded by ball bustin lesbos.

He decided on an 08 WRX. :lol:

I was kind of pushing to go for another LGT but she wants something larger, more family orientated. I cant blame her. it will come in handy.

She was kinda iffy about an outback and DEF didnt want a green one :lol: You know, the whole lesbian thing and all

I would skip the dealers used or new and look for a private sale. Once you get it narrowed down pay a mechanic knowledgable in Subaru to check it over.

Personally I don't see much appeal of a Subaru with a non-turbo 2.5L in that vintage(prior to 2005 ). Especially with that nasty tendancy to have expensive head gasket failure.

That being all said I love my wife's 2005 Legacy GT wagon with manual.

So, youre saying i should stay away from a used turbo?

why?

The average person and their car care expertise worry me on a vehicle where oil change interval seems to be crucial to the longevity of said turbo.

Just my opinion about the average person.

Your average enthusiast MIGHT be more in tune to the car's needs, but it also increases the likelyhood that the car has been hammered on.

Just my opinion of the average enthusiast.

It is still ugly.

I would skip the dealers used or new and look for a private sale. Once you get it narrowed down pay a mechanic knowledgable in Subaru to check it over.

Personally I don't see much appeal of a Subaru with a non-turbo 2.5L in that vintage(prior to 2005 ). Especially with that nasty tendancy to have expensive head gasket failure.

That being all said I love my wife's 2005 Legacy GT wagon with manual.

Its only for my wife, she has no need for a turbo and isn't an enthusiast. But in terms of the head gasket, i see what you're saying, i keep a close eye on mine (98LGT). ive thought about the private route, but we were not buying outright and my wife wants to do payments.

The average person and their car care expertise worry me on a vehicle where oil change interval seems to be crucial to the longevity of said turbo.

Just my opinion about the average person.

Your average enthusiast MIGHT be more in tune to the car's needs, but it also increases the likelyhood that the car has been hammered on.

Just my opinion of the average enthusiast.

Iam an average enthusiast i suppose, a newb, but still

I do understand the higher maintenace and i know my wife, she isnt really...well she doesnt care. she puts gas in it. i spend enough time with my car i dont want the responsibility of hers. The way i look at it is, her car, she takes care of it.

Archived